FL-02/Anzalone Liszt Grove (Dem Internal): Southerland +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:15:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 House Election Polls
  FL-02/Anzalone Liszt Grove (Dem Internal): Southerland +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-02/Anzalone Liszt Grove (Dem Internal): Southerland +2  (Read 566 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »

Link

Steve Southerland - 42
Gwen Graham - 40

Dems lead the generic ballot 41/36, and Crist is only leading Scott 46/43 here right now.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:13:40 AM »

Odd that Graham would be trailing, as she's better than a generic Dem.

Sink carried it 52/45.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »

Not odd at all. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face but nobody will listen. This election will come down to 1 or 2 points worth of swing voters and turnout, which I expect to be high for both sides. Neither side can get more than 52 or so. Every poll has shown and I expect every poll will show very high floors and very low ceilings. Which one they have up or down, especially this far away, is completely irrelevant.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 03:32:23 AM »

Not odd at all. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face but nobody will listen. This election will come down to 1 or 2 points worth of swing voters and turnout, which I expect to be high for both sides. Neither side can get more than 52 or so. Every poll has shown and I expect every poll will show very high floors and very low ceilings. Which one they have up or down, especially this far away, is completely irrelevant.

I agree. Neither candidate is likely to get past the low 50's or below the mid 40's.

Also, we're still a ways out from the real start of campaign season. Graham is still basically Generic D, although this poll asked the match-up question again after giving favorable bios of both candidates and Graham had a lead. An iffy way to do polls, but it's something.

My gut still says that in a neutral or better year, Graham wins this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »

I agree. Neither candidate is likely to get past the low 50's or below the mid 40's.

Also, we're still a ways out from the real start of campaign season. Graham is still basically Generic D, although this poll asked the match-up question again after giving favorable bios of both candidates and Graham had a lead. An iffy way to do polls, but it's something.

My gut still says that in a neutral or better year, Graham wins this.

Problem is the odds are it'll be worse than a neutral year for Democrats...

I'm thinking Southerland 51, Graham 47, with a bunch of write-in/ Minor party candidates taking the rest as the final result.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies