GA-Insider Advantage: Carter +3% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:05:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  GA-Insider Advantage: Carter +3% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-Insider Advantage: Carter +3%  (Read 633 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: March 13, 2014, 06:52:03 PM »

InsiderAdvantage is a terrible pollster. I'm not sure I've ever seen a poll from them that was accurate in retrospect.

However, this poll seems - on the surface - like one of their less ridiculous ones. I don't buy that Carter's ahead by 3, though.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »

InsiderAdvantage is a terrible pollster. I'm not sure I've ever seen a poll from them that was accurate in retrospect.

However, this poll seems - on the surface - like one of their less ridiculous ones. I don't buy that Carter's ahead by 3, though.

Do they also have a history of exaggerating Democrat margins, out of curiosity?

That was the only interesting part to it - no, they don't. Based on their inaccuracies in many other polls, I can't believe that Carter could realistically be up by upper-single digits, though.

Towrey has a lot of clout in local GOP circles due to his law/insurance background (and the fact that he served as the only Republican State House Leader iirc when Democrats still controlled it), but his bonafides as CEO of this polling firm are pretty weak. We should keep in mind that Newt Gingrich once referred to Towery as his favorite pollster and oldest friend. Wink

Oh, and this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »

And is it possible that Pennington might be a threat to Deal in the primary? I saw him on MSNBC when the snowstorm controversy happened and he had some good talking points to take the unpopular Deal down on.

No. Pennington is my city's mayor; he is an absolute horror and can't possibly raise enough funds to beat Deal. It's not even about money, though, as Pennington just isn't the type of candidate that could win a Republican statewide primary in Georgia, in my opinion. He'd come close, though, if it weren't for an incumbent in the slot, due to his hack-and-slash budgetary encouragement at the municipal level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies