2004 Presidential Election SIGN-UP THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:54:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election SIGN-UP THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election SIGN-UP THREAD  (Read 5080 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:49:22 AM »
« edited: March 29, 2014, 05:27:02 PM by NHI »

Premise:
President George W. Bush, facing low popularity and the ongoing wars in Afghanistan and Iraq decides not to seek reelection; making it a wide open field.
The timeline will start in September of 2003.

Please indicate who would like to support. I will leave it open through Sunday. The first week will be posted on Monday.

Candidates will have 48 hrs to post campaign schedules once a week has been posted.
There will be one debate before the first contests.
For endorsements please PM me. Endorsements will work like this: You receive one politician endorsement and one endorsement from an organization. i.e. "Governor Mitt Romney" and "The National Beer Wholesalers Association."
Thanks!

Democrats:
-Guntaker: Joe Biden
-Governor Spiral: Dennis Kucinich.
-BaconBacon: Wesley Clark
-SJoyce: John Edwards

Republicans:
-MadmanMotley: Gary Johnson
-Chairman Sanchez: Pat Buchanan
-Assemblyman Ryan Keaton: Bill Owens
-interstate73: Jeb Bush
-dkrolga: Rudy Giuliani
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »

I'd love to take part in the game, but once I finish the 2000 one, I'm going back to study... So you'll see me here by May!! As an independent candidate/VP candidate/surrogate/whatever Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

I'd love to take part in the game, but once I finish the 2000 one, I'm going back to study... So you'll see me here by May!! As an independent candidate/VP candidate/surrogate/whatever Smiley
Sounds good; looking forward to it!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »

I'm incredibly tempted to play as another polemic character and go with Donald Rumsfeld, but it might be kind of unfair to go into another game considering I'm already playing a general election. Regardless of what I do, good luck with this one, NHI!
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Can I sign up now? But can I get a little run down of how to play? Since the only experience I've had with these are from skimming through the 2012 one.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »

Can I sign up now? But can I get a little run down of how to play? Since the only experience I've had with these are from skimming through the 2012 one.

Yes. Essentially you will pick a candidate to run and every few days I'll post an update with the last polls and events surrounding the campaigns and candidates. During this window you will post a schedule of events for your candidates.

I will probably do one debate prior to the start of the contests.

Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »

Yes. Essentially you will pick a candidate to run and every few days I'll post an update with the last polls and events surrounding the campaigns and candidates. During this window you will post a schedule of events for your candidates.

'Kay, so I can pick someone to play as now? (I'm asking since in the first post you mentioned people can start on Saturday, and it's Friday in the UK)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 02:10:39 PM »

I'm Interested, but can you move the starting deadline back a bit?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »

'Kay, so I can pick someone to play as now? (I'm asking since in the first post you mentioned people can start on Saturday, and it's Friday in the UK)

Yes, go ahead!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 03:32:10 PM »

I'm Interested, but can you move the starting deadline back a bit?

Yes, can do. I'll leave the filing period until Sunday 3/3/31 at 12 pm EST.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »

Well, in that case, I'll play as Joe Biden (D,DW)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 04:00:12 PM »

I'll take Ron Paul (R-TX)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »

I don't think I'll do this, but If I change my mind, I would love to be Senator George Allen (R-VA)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 05:18:30 PM »

I'll take Pat Buchanan. He considered a primary challenge to Bush in 2004.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »

I don't think I'll do this, but If I change my mind, I would love to be Senator George Allen (R-VA)
Ok.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

I'll be Dennis Kucinich.

Will the game begin right after the filing deadline of Sunday? Also, I would recommend sending some PMs over to past players of these election games so we won't have a lacking field once we begin.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 09:07:43 PM »

I'll run as Wesley Clark if I can.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »

I'll be participating. I'll have an announcement out shortly.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 10:27:22 PM »

Bill Owens For President
Believe In America.

Speech In Denver, Colorado-

My fellow Americans,

These are turbulent times that we live in. The threat of terrorism looms large on the horizon, while closer to home a single mom can't put food on the table. While we fight the good fight to bring education and build roads in the Middle East, we are faced with crumbling bridges and crippling test scores. But we do not falter, we do not complain, we do not ask "Where's ours?" Why? Because we are the greatest country in the world and I know that we can rise to the challenge and help not only our citizens, but families around the world.

During my time as Governor, we have enacted polices that put us on a longterm path towards growth, opportunity, and prosperity. We've given tax relief to millions of working families by cutting sales taxes. We've spurred on growth by encouraging investment and increasing your take home pay. My administration passed a smart infrastructure program that is just about to finish up. We've rebuilt our roads and bridges in less than five years while still coming in under budget. I believe that the Colorado success story should be taken to the next level.

While I laud President Bush's efforts on education, we did not go far enough. Through No Child Left Behind, we've given every parent a chance to know how their child's school is performing. As President, I will be ready to take that to the next level. Let's finish education reform by giving every child the opportunity to succeed, no matter their zip code or the color of their skin.

I believe that America is the greatest country to ever exist and I am blessed to be a part of it. Our mission in the Middle East is a vital one, but I fear that we have strayed from it. Our effort to combat terrorism is fought with intelligence and drones, not thousands of troops on the ground. Our efforts at building a brighter tomorrow for a broken and poor part of the world is a noble goal and I believe that we can accomplish it. But it will require a problem solver's approach and different leadership. I am ready to be the source of that leadership.

It is the goodness of our hearts that will vote in this election. We will vote to be a defender of human rights abroad, a creator of prosperity at home, and a force for good in our hearts. I will not only continue, but also increase, President Bush's faith-based initiative program. Our communities are one of our greatest assets. Let's use them to make America great in a time of adversity.

My fellow Americans, this is what we have done and, as we cross this great country, I ask you to imagine what we *can* do. I believe that we can accomplish great things for good people. We can build a lasting prosperity that feeds the poor and urges on innovation. Together, we can bring forth a new age of American peace and uphold the promise to every man, woman, and child that if you work hard and think smart you can be successful. My fellow Americans, my name Governor Bill Owens from Colorado. I believe in America. And I'm running for President.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 10:32:41 PM »

Use that what if thread. It will certainly attract more people!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »

I'll be Dennis Kucinich.

Will the game begin right after the filing deadline of Sunday? Also, I would recommend sending some PMs over to past players of these election games so we won't have a lacking field once we begin.
I'll post the first week on Monday and give everyone 48 hours to post their schedules.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

I'll be Dennis Kucinich.

I'll post the first week on Monday and give everyone 48 hours to post their schedules.

How're we doing endorsements and so on?

If I could make a suggestion:

I'm working in a really crowded primary in real life at the moment and getting sitting political figures to endorse is like pulling teeth. It's probably similar when you get as high as the Presidency. So, maybe have like 1 politician endorsement and then 1 organizational "endorsement." Like you could "Governor Mitt Romney" and "The National Beer Wholesalers Association."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2014, 10:56:48 PM »

I'll be Dennis Kucinich.

How're we doing endorsements and so on?

If I could make a suggestion:

I'm working in a really crowded primary in real life at the moment and getting sitting political figures to endorse is like pulling teeth. It's probably similar when you get as high as the Presidency. So, maybe have like 1 politician endorsement and then 1 organizational "endorsement." Like you could "Governor Mitt Romney" and "The National Beer Wholesalers Association."

That is fair.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »

Though I probably already know the answer, are you still doing this timeline or open to restarting it, NHI?  If you are, I'll play Evan Bayh.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »

Though I probably already know the answer, are you still doing this timeline or open to restarting it, NHI?  If you are, I'll play Evan Bayh.

Actually, Scott, this is being played right now in the What-If board, the players have already reached the General Election if I'm not mistaken...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies