MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:10:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: MS: Rasmussen: Rs favored either way  (Read 5725 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »

Article.

Cochran (R)- 48%
Childers (D)- 31%

McDaniel (R)- 47%
Childers (D)- 35%
Joshgreen
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »

Amusing that Cochran and Childers are both under 50%. McDaniel is still generic R. That will change if he wins the primary.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:53 AM »

Childers probably won't win, but there's no reason Cochran should be under 60%, let alone 50%.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:36:18 AM »

This is Rasmussen...
Seriously, Childers isn't going to underperform Obama if it's Mcdaniels.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »

This is Rasmussen...

That's fair, though what if Childers underperforms due to low black turnout because of midterms?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »

This is Rasmussen...

That's fair, though what if Childers underperforms due to low black turnout because of midterms?
I know black turnout will drop, but by 2-3% at worst? And Childers still has support from his former district. I guess it would be relatively easy for him to get 45% in a run-off against Mcdaniels. Winning the election is unfortunately unlikely for him.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »

No Cochran vs. McDaniel numbers?? That's all that even matters right now!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

Oh, no! McDaniel only up by twelve! TOSS UP!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOSE FOREVER BECAUSE OF DEMOGRAPHICS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOSE FOREVER BECAUSE OF DEMOGRAPHICS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

OMG do you not get that young people are LIBERAL on social issues? JEEZE!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

Lolz.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 05:25:16 PM »

OMG do you not get that young people are LIBERAL on social issues? JEEZE!
I'm not saying he will win, but it has the potential to be somewhat competitive.
Joshgreen
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 06:05:03 PM »

You're a fool if you think this poll is reflective of what the race will look like in October/November...
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 06:27:35 PM »

You're a fool if you think this poll is reflective of what the race will look like in October/November...

You're a fool if you think that we believe that you're a serious poster.

This race is not a tossup.  Everythig would have to go wrong for Republicans for the Democrats to win MS.  That isn't going to happen.
Joshgreen
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »

This race is not a tossup.  Everythig would have to go wrong for Republicans for the Democrats to win MS.  That isn't going to happen.

Quit being thick. I never said that this race is a tossup. What I said was that polling will be very different in the fall if McDaniel wins the primary. You should practice your reading comprehension, it might help you on your next book report.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »

Quit being thick. I never said that this race is a tossup. What I said was that polling will be very different in the fall if McDaniel wins the primary. You should practice your reading comprehension, it might help you on your next book report.

You think Democrats could pick up MS, you said it in the other thread:

Yes (non-hack)

If Illinois could be a Republican pickup, then Mississippi can be a Democratic pickup. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Absolutely.

My reading comprehension?  Well, there's no point in reading if the writer is just going to contradict himself. 
Joshgreen
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 06:41:33 PM »

You think Democrats could pick up MS, you said it in the other thread:

Yes (non-hack)

If Illinois could be a Republican pickup, then Mississippi can be a Democratic pickup. Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Absolutely.

My reading comprehension?  Well, there's no point in reading if the writer is just going to contradict himself. 

The fact that the Democrats have a chance of picking up the seat doesn't make the race a tossup. So I'm not contradicting myself and I again urge you to practice reading comp.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »

Let's put it like this, Childers has about as much chance of winning as the overrated Terri Lynn Land and the extra overrated Scott Brown. Not impossible, but not likely under regular circumstances. Republicans are far more confident about winning blue state seats that Democrats are about winning red states.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »

Let's put it like this, Childers has about as much chance of winning as the overrated Terri Lynn Land

Yes, a candidate with a 2-point lead ( http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mi/michigan_senate_land_vs_peters-3820.html ) clearly has the same chance of winning as a candidate with a 17-point deficit against his likeliest opponent and an average 9-point deficit against a less-likely opponent ( http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mississippi_senate_race.html ). Your hackishness is starting to get tiresome.

Republicans are far more confident about winning blue state seats that Democrats are about winning red states.

Michigan and Mississippi are not comparable intensities of strength; Massachusetts and Mississippi are, but I don't see any Republicans thinking they'll beat Ed Markey.
Joshgreen
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »

Let's put it like this, Childers has about as much chance of winning as the overrated Terri Lynn Land

Yes, a candidate with a 2-point lead ( http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mi/michigan_senate_land_vs_peters-3820.html ) clearly has the same chance of winning as a candidate with a 17-point deficit against his likeliest opponent and an average 9-point deficit against a less-likely opponent ( http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/mississippi_senate_race.html ). Your hackishness is starting to get tiresome.

Republicans are far more confident about winning blue state seats that Democrats are about winning red states.

Michigan and Mississippi are not comparable intensities of strength; Massachusetts and Mississippi are, but I don't see any Republicans thinking they'll beat Ed Markey.

If Republicans had gotten Brown to run against Markey, keyboards across the country would have need a good wipe down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:32 PM »

You're annoying.
Joshgreen
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

You're annoying.

That may very well be. So is one's conscience.
Nichlemn

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 07:15:12 PM »

Let's put it like this, Childers has about as much chance of winning as the overrated Terri Lynn Land and the extra overrated Scott Brown. Not impossible, but not likely under regular circumstances. Republicans are far more confident about winning blue state seats that Democrats are about winning red states.

Uh, no. Childers needs lightning to strike in several ways to win. All those Republicans need is a mildly good year.
Joshgreen
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »

Uh, no. Childers needs lightning to strike in several ways to win. All those Republicans need is a mildly good year.

Lynn Land wouldn't win in a good year for Republicans. It's Michigan 'nuf said
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Michigan polling is notoriously bad, some of those polls were very off in 2008. I'm talking probability, and as far as Senate seats go, Michigan hasn't been more elastic than Mississippi. The past few Senate elections in Michigan have been big blowouts for Republicans.

I'm not the hack here, don't project, kid.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies