Would FBI employees actually be a Democratic-voting bloc?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:14:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Would FBI employees actually be a Democratic-voting bloc?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would FBI employees actually be a Democratic-voting bloc?  (Read 621 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »

Something I was thinking about lately. Despite the association of law enforcement with Republicans, I have a tough time seeing FBI agents being a very Republican group:

-FBI credentials usually requires heavy education in things like the hard sciences or psychology. Someone with a Master's or Ph.D. in Psychology or Chemistry isn't a very Republican profile.
-FBI agents might know how to use guns or even own them personally, but I don't see them being gun nuts, especially since most gun nuts basically believe they need to own so many guns to protect themselves from the big gubmint that wants to take away their freedoms.
-Even though the FBI has some involvement in immigration law, it's on the more humanistic side (such as busting coyotes or traffickers), and it's hard to see someone with the type of background FBI agents need to be some "Deport them all!" type of person.
-The type of political extremism the FBI is involved in investigating currently is almost exclusively of the right wing variety. And sympathy for militias and all that is actually pretty mainstream in the GOP, not amongst all of course, but it's pretty easy to see that the FBI probably wouldn't want to employ any Tea Party supporters.

Put simply people like Joe Arpaio and your average small town cop or suburban police chief aren't the people who end up in the FBI. I'd be willing to be Obama won those employed by the FBI both times.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22:25 AM »

Obama may have won the FBI employees who go to work in the J. Edgar Hoover building, but I bet that the voting behavior of agents at the field officers largely reflects the area they represent.  Conservative field agents in conservative areas, liberal field agents in liberal areas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies