IDS: CONFIRMATION HEARING: PiT for Attorney General [Confirmed]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS: CONFIRMATION HEARING: PiT for Attorney General [Confirmed]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS: CONFIRMATION HEARING: PiT for Attorney General [Confirmed]  (Read 597 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:14 AM »
« edited: April 07, 2014, 06:08:02 PM by Speaker Scott »

After discussion with a certain couple of people whose opinions I needed on the matter, I am ready to make my nomination for the first holder of the newly recreated office of IDS Attorney General. I hereby nominate myself for IDS Attorney General.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT

24 hours for questioning.  Pending no discussion, a vote will be held tomorrow.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

I would just like to outline why I have made this appointment. We owe an immense amount to Jbrase for his repeated representation of the region, and he would have been a highly-qualified choice.

The reality is, we just don't get sued that often, or at least we haven't since 2009. We used to have an Attorney General, but we got rid of the position because it wasn't worth the trouble of staffing it. It was too limited to hold anyone's interest as an office.

As such, I want to make the position more useful. The federal Attorney General updates the federal Wiki, so I intend to make my primary project updating our regional Wiki. I have already added a couple of laws that were passed earlier this year over the past couple of days, and I plan to add more soon. Moreso than just defining a duty, it will help to establish the solidity of the office by actually performing that duty.

What's more, a lawyer does not spend all of his time in the courtroom. In real life, many cases are settled outside of court. Along that line of thought, I plan to examine bills proposed before the Legislature and identify potential conflicts with federal law and with the Constitution. If we can avoid being sued over an oversight or misunderstanding, then that can be just as good as winning the case.

I appointed myself to the office of IDS Attorney General with the consultation of Jbrase and Scott, because my plan is to expand the office beyond its basic duties and cement it as an important institution in our region.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »

For transparency purposes, I'll just disclose where I stand on the appointment.  I told PiT that I think he would make a wonderful Attorney General.  However, I concurred with him that Jbrase needed to have say because of all his service, both legal and otherwise, to our region.  I understand that PiT and Jbrase reached a mutual agreement on this and that's why I gave my approval.

And, while it is true that we don't get sued very often, as PiT stated, we've recently been involved with two Supreme Court cases and that's why I felt it was necessary to reestablish the Attorney General's office.  From my experience, it's been a position that few people desire to have, but it needs to be there and whoever is nominated to it deserves the same consideration as anyone else.  PiT has been in this region for a very long time and that is why I think he will do a great job.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »

We will now vote on whether to approve the appointment of PiT to the office of Attorney General.  Members, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »

Aye.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »

I would just like to add that in regards to keeping the wiki up to date, there are few others I would trust as much as PiT in that duty.

---

AYE
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:45 AM »

Nay
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »

Aye.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »

With four votes in favor and one against, PiT is confirmed as the next Attorney General.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »

Thank you. You'll take over as acting Emperor now, Scott.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies