CO-Quinnipiac: Clinton trails Paul, ties or leads others. Bush does worst.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Clinton trails Paul, ties or leads others. Bush does worst.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Clinton trails Paul, ties or leads others. Bush does worst.  (Read 883 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:12:10 AM »

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/colorado/release-detail?ReleaseID=2034

Paul 48%, Clinton 43%
Clinton 42%, Christie 42%
Clinton 45%, Huckabee 44%
Clinton 45%, Bush 40%
Knives
solopop
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:25:48 AM »

That's pretty sh**t for Clinton. What's Colorado's issue with her?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »

fav/unfav %

Paul 41/30% for +11%
Huckabee 37/30% for +7%
Clinton 48/47% for +1%
Christie 35/38% for -3%
Bush 29/40% for -11%
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »

Quinnipiac has typically undercounted Hispanic voters because its polling methods do not reach them effectively. Q is OK in other states at that, but probably not in Colorado.

Note:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is what I would expect in Texas -- but not in Colorado.

Q is very good in states other than Colorado. It could be that Quinnipiac pollsters ar bad at reaching Hispanics.

Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 09:28:19 AM »

Quinnipiac has typically undercounted Hispanic voters because its polling methods do not reach them effectively. Q is OK in other states at that, but probably not in Colorado.

Note:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That is what I would expect in Texas -- but not in Colorado.

Q is very good in states other than Colorado. It could be that Quinnipiac pollsters ar bad at reaching Hispanics.

Well, I think this poll is great news for Paul, but a president's dissapproval probably doesn't translate into how that party's contender does in the next election. Bush's approval was at rock-bottom in 2008, but McCain did much better than Bush's job-approval rating. I think Clinton will probably be stronger than Obama come 2016. She surely wouldn't get just 38% of the vote in CO if the election were held today.

Quinnipac might undercount Hispanics, but I think that Colorado is probably more anti-government than the nation, which could affect the state's general approval of anything having to do with the federal government. It's just a thought.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 01:34:22 PM »

I don't understand your criticism of Quinnipiac in Colorado:

Quinnipiac only polled CO in 2008 and 2012 and in 2008 they had one of the best final CO polls out there, showing Obama winning by 9 (he won by 9).

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/presidential-swing-states-%28co-mi-mn-and-wi%29/release-detail?ReleaseID=1220

In 2012, Quinnipiac conducted their CO poll right after Obama's disaster of first debate and of course Romney was up by 1 in this one. Too bad they didn't release a final poll closer to the election.

But in general, Quinnipiac is a solid pollster and they had good results in 2012.

There's another simple explanation for CO and Hillary: She suxx in this state (but that can change during the actual 2016 campaign between summer and election day).
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »

The phrase "Bush does worst" always puts a smile on my face.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »

Quinnipiac only polled CO in 2008 and 2012 and in 2008 they had one of the best final CO polls out there, showing Obama winning by 9 (he won by 9).

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/presidential-swing-states-%28co-mi-mn-and-wi%29/release-detail?ReleaseID=1220

In 2012, Quinnipiac conducted their CO poll right after Obama's disaster of first debate and of course Romney was up by 1 in this one. Too bad they didn't release a final poll closer to the election.

But in general, Quinnipiac is a solid pollster and they had good results in 2012.

There's another simple explanation for CO and Hillary: She suxx in this state (but that can change during the actual 2016 campaign between summer and election day).

Quinnipiac did get the late charge of the Democrats. It may have the demographics now set to a midterm election, which will be far more relevant in November 2014 (results of which Q must position itself for now) than for 2016 (by which time it will have plenty of time to put the Presidential-year model in place).

Q now has a good model in place for November 2014, and a horrid one for November 2016. Which would you rather have now?  I say 2014 for everything but the Presidency.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Colorado is rare in the fact that Rs outnumber Ds but liberals have a smaller deficit to conservatives compared to national numbers.  Basically, the roles between Democrats (the party with the most registered but less organized) and Republicans are reversed.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 04:43:11 AM »

I will never get over how much this state loves pot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies