AR-PPP: Hutchison breaking away
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AR-PPP: Hutchison breaking away
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AR-PPP: Hutchison breaking away  (Read 2590 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
« edited: April 30, 2014, 11:44:48 AM by Miles »

Report.

Hutchison (R)- 46%
Ross (D)- 38%

LG

Griffin (R)- 39%
Burkhalter (D)- 30%

Land Commissioner

Thurston (R)- 28%
Robertson (D)- 27%
[Elvis] Presley (L)- 17%
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »

New Poll: Arkansas Governor by Public Policy Polling on 2014-04-27

Summary: D: 38%, R: 46%, U: 16%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »

Hum, you still have 33% of people who don't know who Ross is.

But yeah, Hutchinson is leading right now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »

Hutchinson is not known by 27%, which is only slightly less people, so name recognition is no longer an excuse.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »

Hutchinson is not known by 27%, which is only slightly less people, so name recognition is no longer an excuse.
8 point between Hutchinson and Ross in term of name recognition. So no, it's still important.

Remember the last time when I said "name recognition" about MT, and you said, NO NO NO windjammer you're wrong. The next poll in Montana saw a much closer race than the 12 point differences!

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »

Hutchison is running a much weaker campaign. I'd buy that he's slightly up, but the margin here is kinda bizarre.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »

8 point between Hutchinson and Ross in term of name recognition. So no, it's still important.

Remember the last time when I said "name recognition" about MT, and you said, NO NO NO windjammer you're wrong. The next poll in Montana saw a much closer race than the 12 point differences!

It's actually 6 points. And I was using the information in the Montana poll. I suggest you look at the information given in the poll instead of finding excuses for Democrats being behind.

I'm kind of shocked actually that Hutchinson is ahead, considering he's a terrible candidate. I'm sure Ross can pull ahead.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »

It's actually 6 points. And I was using the information in the Montana poll. I suggest you look at the information given in the poll instead of finding excuses for Democrats being behind.

I'm kind of shocked actually that Hutchinson is ahead, considering he's a terrible candidate. I'm sure Ross can pull ahead.
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_AR_430.pdf
It's actually 9 points in term of name recognition. Ross: not sure: 35% Hutchinson: not sure: 29%
I suggest you look at  the information given in the poll instead of accusing me being a Democrat hack.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2014, 12:29:09 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

It's actually 9 points in term of name recognition. Ross: not sure: 35% Hutchinson: not sure: 29%
I suggest you look at  the information given in the poll instead of accusing me being a Democrat hack.

Correction - You're right, I apologize for those earlier accusations. Nevertheless, it's not a giant gap in name recognition like you seem to insinuate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »

35-29=6
Oups sorry, it was Huthinson at 26% I don't know why I have written 29%.
And 35-26=9
So  I suggest you look at  the information given in the poll instead of accusing me being a Democrat hack.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »

35-29=6
Oups sorry, it was Huthinson at 26% I don't know why I have written 29%.
And 35-26=9
So  I suggest you look at  the information given in the poll instead of accusing me being a Democrat hack.

LoL, no need to be that rude, Windjammer. You look like an annoying hack now.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

Interesting, though I'd still expect a close race either way.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »

Interesting, though I'd still expect a close race either way.
It is obvious Ross is a strong recruit. But I think Hutchinson is a bit underrated. Not an exceptional candidate, but not a troll.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:54 PM »

Report.

Land Commissioner

[Elvis] Presley (L)- 17%

Wot ?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

LoL, no need to be that rude, Windjammer. You look like an annoying hack now.

To be fair, I was kind of rude first Tongue

Not to mention wrong
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 07:20:26 PM »

The write-up by Tom Jensen on this poll notes that every other poll has this race much closer, and implies that even PPP considers this poll to be an outlier. We'll wait to see if others back it up, but for now I'm ignoring it.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 01:44:41 AM »

Interesting. Probably good news for Mark Pryor if that he can be up 1 if Hutchison is up by 8.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies