Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:56:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187237 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: July 25, 2014, 01:43:10 PM »

Well man... all I can say to that is keep saying yes sir, no sir and take home those checks for doing nothing as long as possible.

Seriously this job sounds amazing! Bushie don't screw it up!!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1976 on: July 25, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

So what will you do until then? Just sit around and get paid?

Sounds terrible, right?  Cry
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1977 on: July 25, 2014, 02:47:11 PM »

Apparently it takes a month or more to get all of our logins.  That would be August 9 at the earliest.  That's a Saturday, so August 11.  I'm just going to be ready any time.

WTF?  A month to get the log in's??  By all means, take the $$ as long you can get it, but continue to look non-stop.  You need to really ask yourself if this makes any sense....
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1978 on: July 25, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »

Lunch time.  There was a thought we might be on the phones today, then they said next week, now I'm hearing mid-August.  Yesterday, I heard close to Labor Day.  There is no such thing as consistency in this place.  One tenured agent got canned in front of our eyes.  One gal was fired last Friday and rehired 10 minutes later...  That stuff happens around here.  It is a job that has a lot of quirks...

It sounds fishy and too good to be true.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1979 on: July 25, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »

I would call to cancel the order, refuse delivery of it if it comes, and dispute the charges with your credit card company as a scam.

If they actually send the book and have proof he made the order, he may be stuck, because it could be a "legitimate" purchase, albeit a really, really stupid one. If he gets what he ordered, the company didn't break any laws from what I can tell.

Just because the site sends the book and has proof doesn't mean Bushie lacks protection under his credit card's terms. Many cards have robust protections for buyers when it comes to "legitimate" purchases, and no credit card company is going to want to be associated with an obvious scam.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1980 on: July 25, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

Until I start taking calls, I will be side jacking listening to other agents take calls.  I will continue to look, but I have no intention of leaving here until I have a start date.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1981 on: July 25, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

It sounds fishy and too good to be true.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1982 on: July 25, 2014, 04:41:34 PM »

Based on what he's describing, it sounds like this call mill isn't firing/losing as many people right now as they usually would in a quarter. They brought in a bunch of folk like Bushie with the expectation that x number of employees would be gone by the time they were trained, and have now discovered that fewer people than normal have quit. This leads to them having an excess number of trained drones on hand that aren't currently needed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1983 on: July 25, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »

Based on what he's describing, it sounds like this call mill isn't firing/losing as many people right now as they usually would in a quarter. They brought in a bunch of folk like Bushie with the expectation that x number of employees would be gone by the time they were trained, and have now discovered that fewer people than normal have quit. This leads to them having an excess number of trained drones on hand that aren't currently needed.

Thanks, Obama.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1984 on: July 25, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IqK9o-AFSc

Gentlemen, we've found Bushie's salvation!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1985 on: July 25, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »

Even if he does have a temporary reprieve from firing, there's no way he's making enough money to cover his rent and his Braum's habit.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1986 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »

Even if he does have a temporary reprieve from firing, there's no way he's making enough money to cover his rent and his Braum's habit.

If he's making $400 a week (of course this assumes perfect attendance) that should be enough considering his parents are basically covering all his debts. Granted perfect attendance from Bushie is quite a stretch.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #1987 on: July 26, 2014, 12:08:20 AM »

If he's making $400 a week (of course this assumes perfect attendance) that should be enough considering his parents are basically covering all his debts. Granted perfect attendance from Bushie is quite a stretch.
It is possible Bushie has a discount.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1988 on: July 26, 2014, 12:09:46 AM »

OK, time for Update XVI.  Who will be the executive producer this time?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1989 on: July 26, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 04:41:17 AM by Eraserhead »

OK, time for Update XVI.  Who will be the executive producer this time?

I'll remain the executive producer unless somebody else is really dying to take it over.

I also would like to thank Lief, Duke and everyone else who has shown their support for my stewardship of this fine program.

Anyone have any suggestions for the title of the next season?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1990 on: July 26, 2014, 04:43:44 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 04:46:33 AM by Eraserhead »

Until I start taking calls, I will be side jacking listening to other agents take calls.  I will continue to look, but I have no intention of leaving here until I have a start date.

Does anyone else laugh like Beavis and/or Butt-head whenever Bushie says he'll be "side jacking"?

Gives me an idea.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies