Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:14:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 187349 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 06, 2014, 12:19:31 AM »

It did end at a very inconvenient point. Bushie had been bragging about how easy it would be to get a $40k/year CADD job, he finishes school months early despite chronic absenteeism, he promised to put up proof of his certificate as soon as he receives it, and then poof, everything shut down.

Which leads to the obvious Update Truther conspiracy theory: Bushie conspired with Mondale to create the confrontation, and asked him to set up the anti-Bushie Facebook page, just so that he'd have an excuse to shut down Update for good (or until he decides to reopen it) at a time when he was feeling the heat from the rest of us criticizing his poor job search decisions, without everyone criticizing him too much for it.  Heck, maybe Bushie himself created that FB page.  We saw Mr. Costantini use his own account to link to it elsewhere on FB, but there's no proof that he actually set up the page in the first place.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »

If you want him to bring Update back here, you'll have to talk to your mutual FB friends with Mondale, and get him to stop harrassing Bushie.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »

Bushie, are you going to post an update here when you get engaged for real (I assume you're still only "undercover engaged"?)?

(I assume that Mondale exposing the fact that you got engaged to future employers isn't a major worry?)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »

Bushie, are you going to post an update here when you get engaged for real (I assume you're still only "undercover engaged"?)?

(I assume that Mondale exposing the fact that you got engaged to future employers isn't a major worry?)

Bushie's engaged?

I'm just going by what I remember him saying on Update before it was locked.  He said that he was "undercover engaged", and that he and Allison would get engaged for real some time after he established himself in his new job.  So that's what I'm asking about.  Assuming that a real engagement happens this year, I'm asking whether he intends to post that info here, or if his ban on Update extends even to major life events.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »

Yeah, but then you have to live with your parents. Is quality of life not important too?

He had already moved out of his parents' place when he was still in OKC.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »

Bushie's engaged?

I'm just going by what I remember him saying on Update before it was locked.  He said that he was "undercover engaged", and that he and Allison would get engaged for real some time after he established himself in his new job.   So that's what I'm asking about.  Assuming that a real engagement happens this year, I'm asking whether he intends to post that info here, or if his ban on Update extends even to major life events.

Ok, gotcha.  I doubt the call center job is the new job he's talking about, so it might take some time to come out from under the covers.

Well, whatever happens with his employment status, I expect an "official" engagement within six months.  This is Bushie we're talking about.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:46:55 AM »

Bushie, if you don't want people posting your info from Facebook here, just defriend them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:16:49 PM »

Does Bushie read the "Are you missing Update right now?" thread as obsessively as many others read the "Update" thread?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:34 AM »

He's basically stuck in Tulsa now for no apparent reason.

If he'd just get off his ass and flip burgers, at least he could pay his own rent... Roll Eyes

Someone should calculate how much $ he would have made by now if he'd simply gotten a job at McDonald's four years ago after he quite ONG.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »

As for eating out, Bushie can't cook and doesn't want to learn how, so of course he will eat out every night! No need to beat this dead horse again.

Does he literally eat out every night, or does he sometimes heat up frozen pizza or whatever, that you can do at home, but doesn't actually require "cooking"?  Whatever happened to "I can make spaghetti with some assistance"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 01:19:22 AM »

Will you guys set a date for the wedding together?

We've had a date in place for quite a while - June 6, 2015.  That could change, and we will make it official, but everything we're doing is in preparation for that date.

An Independence Day proposal and D-Day wedding?  Sounds very patriotic.

Also, I guess this thread is Update XV?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 04:49:12 AM »

A wedding on 6 / 6 / 1 + 5 ? Seems awfully devilish.

But read it upside down, and it makes for a compelling tax plan.  The devil's in the details.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »

Why doesn't Eraserhead just relabel this thread "Update XV"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

Why doesn't Eraserhead just relabel this thread "Update XV"?

Yes, this needs to be done.

OTOH, now that I think about it, maybe this thread evades detection from Mr. Costantini as long as it's not labelled "Update".  Perhaps the trick to avoiding detection is to name it something innocuous.  Just think of whatever a ballet dancer would find boring, and name this thread after it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »

Why do we want to evade detection?

Well, I don't really care, but Bushie started deleting things when Mondale posted links on FB to Update.  So maybe as long as the Update thread has a nondescript title, Mondale won't notice it, he won't link to it on FB, and Bushie will happily keep posting in it.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »

Why do we want to evade detection?

Well, I don't really care, but Bushie started deleting things when Mondale posted links on FB to Update.  So maybe as long as the Update thread has a nondescript title, Mondale won't notice it, he won't link to it on FB, and Bushie will happily keep posting in it.

I warned you all, and now look what happened.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 02:19:05 AM »

She is wanting a morning wedding of 10:00 am, so the 1 year mark until the wedding ceremony is still 9 hours 45 minutes away!

The two of you have the start time of the wedding planned down to the minute, yet you consider yourselves "not engaged"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »

Bushie's been teasing the posting of a picture of Blondie for about six months, but it never materializes.  What are you hiding?  #blondietruther
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 10:26:16 PM »

Bushie's been teasing the posting of a picture of Blondie for about six months, but it never materializes.  What are you hiding?  #blondietruther

He posted one of JJ earlier this year, but when I asked if he could post a picture of JJ peeing on a newspaper with mention of The Earthquake it never materialized. 

I don't recall any such picture.  Is that in one of the threads that was deleted?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »

What will it take to get Christopher Costantini to stop doing this?

Someone report him to his local police department for harassment. When the police knock on his door it'll terrify him enough to stop.

He hasn't done anything illegal.  Plus, most of the time, even when a crime has been committed, unless it's severe, the police don't show up for Internet-related stuff.

Nym lives in Oregon now, no?  So he should do it himself if the police won't.

It can certainly be argued that this falls under the jurisdiction of the modadmin.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 12:39:24 AM »

Mondale now getting help from some Jon Huntsman / Green Bay Packer fan named Hanford.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 03:28:02 AM »

There seems to be a "Dave Leip" page now too. This is getting quite weird.

And some relative of Mondale is "following" the Dave Leip page.  There is more drama here than in Update itself.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 04:00:37 AM »

"Dave Leip":
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay then.

Sounds like a threat to "taint Mondale's name across the plains".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 06:00:52 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170699.msg3664929#msg3664929
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2014, 09:03:41 AM by Mr. Morden »

I see whichever one of you created that "Dave Leip" account is having fun.  His latest:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

EDIT: Bonus points to whichever of you is creative enough to come up with a "The Professor" account to join in the fun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies