Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:39:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 186782 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: May 14, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »

Guys, read my latest post on FB.  That will answer your questions since I do not wish to post them here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »

Guys, I will make this one post and that's it.  Everything is fine.  Supervisor calls are natural, especially for such a newbie as I am.  Nobody expects me to get everything right on the first call.  As I get more experience the supervisor calls will naturally come down.  That's not a determining criteria, anyway.  They look at call monitoring scores as well as attendance.  Even then with call monitoring's they give you 4 1/2 months to bring your average monitoring score to an 80 average before they can you.  My manager has never termed anyone over call monitor scores.  I have been there all 13 work days so far and have never been late getting to work, never left early, never have gone over my allotted break time, and have never been late from lunch.  I've been commended on my attendance the past two days.  I am going to work this evening and plan to go to work again tomorrow to finish out training.  The thought of being given Sunday off due to low anticipated volume has not disappeared, but it is looking increasingly unlikely.  I'm in absolutely no danger right now and I have no reason to worry and nobody here should worry either.

That's the only Update you get.  I'll go back to hiding now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:30:13 PM »

Would you guys stop posting information from my Facebook, please.  That is not cool and totally undeserved.  Why can't you put the Update completely to bed?  This forum was fine before it and it will be fine without it.  Give it a rest already.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »

Would you guys stop posting information from my Facebook, please.  That is not cool and totally undeserved.  Why can't you put the Update completely to bed?  This forum was fine before it and it will be fine without it.  Give it a rest already.

So is there a tentative premiere date for the next season yet?

No
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »

Ladies and gentleman, we have a new restaurant to add to the all time greatest list along with Braum's, The Golden Corral and Eskimo Joe's:

http://www.steerinnrestaurant.com/

Why did you pull this off my Facebook?  I specifically asked everybody not to do that, and you go off and violate that request?  That's a cheap shot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »

Ladies and gentleman, we have a new restaurant to add to the all time greatest list along with Braum's, The Golden Corral and Eskimo Joe's:

Why did you pull this off my Facebook?  I specifically asked everybody not to do that, and you go off and violate that request?  That's a cheap shot.

Your facebook is responsible for the content of www.steerinnrestaurant.com?

That's where my date and I went for dinner tonight and those are all the places we've gone in the past.  I don't know what his intent was, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to jump on it, but I specifically told everybody not to post content from my Facebook.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »

Your facebook is responsible for the content of www.steerinnrestaurant.com?

That's where my date and I went for dinner tonight and those are all the places we've gone in the past.  I don't know what his intent was, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to jump on it, but I specifically told everybody not to post content from my Facebook.

Coincidences, I'm sure. Lots of people patronize those places.

I see your point, but with the history of the Update and my desire to move past the Update, I have to ask him to cooperate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 08:56:06 PM »

From what I can piece together, he applied for another job and listed his current* employer as a reference. The prospective employer called the current* employer, the current* employer flipped out that he was looking for a new job and fired him on the spot. Then to add insult to injury, he didn't get the prospective job either.

Anyone please correct me if any of that is wrong.

Lief is right, I am still waiting on the prospective job.  I should know either this week or next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

From what I can piece together, he applied for another job and listed his current* employer as a reference. The prospective employer called the current* employer, the current* employer flipped out that he was looking for a new job and fired him on the spot. Then to add insult to injury, he didn't get the prospective job either.

Anyone please correct me if any of that is wrong.

Lief is right, I am still waiting on the prospective job.  I should know either this week or next week.

Thanks for the Update!

That's all you get! Lol
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 10:06:42 PM »

Jeff, you have a new facebook status like every 20 minutes. I honestly feel bad for all of the Update fans on here who don't have facebook or aren't friends with you on facebook. You should probably just bring it back now instead of waiting another two weeks or whatever.

haha, not going to happen!  If they don't have Facebook or are friends with me then tough luck!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 08:16:59 PM »

Thanks,  guys!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »

Anybody else getting disability claims ads at the top of this page?

Yes, I am...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2014, 07:06:57 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

How did your parents react to the latest happenings?

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:14 PM »

How many times will you eat out this week?

Also, here's a small tip regarding your lady situation. Stop bringing up your "five week break" when you talk about your relationship with Allison. It's ancient history at this point and she probably doesn't want to hear about it/be reminded of it anymore. Just say you've been together for about nine months or whatever. End of story.

By the way, was she upset about the job stuff? Planning on pushing back the wedding now?

Well go out for lunch and dinner tomorrow in Stillwater,  but then I'll eat in most of the rest of the week.  I went to Walmart last Monday,  so I can eat in.  I'll go back to Walmart next Saturday after my parents leave to go back home.

I certainly agree with what you're saying about the 5 week break.   That's a mistake on my part.   Yes,  it has been 8 months.

She is like my Mom and Dad on the job stuff,  although we don't see eye to eye on the honesty thing.   She thinks I could have left it alone and dealt with it if it came along.

Since the date is still a year away,  there's no need to push it back at this point.   That is certainly an option,  but I'm pretty sure I will be working in June, hopefully early June,  so I can get back on track with my plans to propose to her officially.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »

As for eating out, Bushie can't cook and doesn't want to learn how, so of course he will eat out every night! No need to beat this dead horse again.

Does he literally eat out every night, or does he sometimes heat up frozen pizza or whatever, that you can do at home, but doesn't actually require "cooking"?  Whatever happened to "I can make spaghetti with some assistance"?

ive got a couple frozen pizzas in the freezer.   They will be consumed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 08:37:39 PM »

I kind of agree with Allison. You don't know if you have another job coming. I'd take whatever you can get. If, by some chance, you are hired by a CADD drafter full time, then deal with it. Until then, you're going to keep missing out on income "waiting" for a job that likely isn't coming. You've lost out on 2 jobs now because you allegedly told an employer you were going to leave soon for elsewhere and then that didn't happen.

FWIW, the official reason I was given first thing this morning was that he chose someone with more experience.  Whether my honesty had anything to do with it, I don't know, but the official reason is experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »

Men,  there is no need for baseless personal insults.   I'm looking for a job.  I've got one good one that may call me this next week.   There are several other possibilities on deck,  too.  There is no doubt I will get a good career going very soon.   I had to be completely honest with this other potential employer.   I did not feel it right to take the job and immediately turn around and potentially blind side him by quiting the job.  I was raised better than that.  He ended up choosing someone with more experience anyway.  Nobody can ever accuse me of not wanting it or not trying.

How did your parents react to the latest happenings?

They were disappointed that I lost the job,  but feel better that I fought as hard as I could to keep it.   They are also supportive of me telling the truth at Thursday's interview.   They are proud of my honesty even if it potentially cost me a job.   Honesty may hurt initially,  but they are confident and I am confident that God will reward my honesty with a job at some point.   I just have to find it.  I got a very encouraging email Wednesday morning about the interview I had last Friday.  My parents are supportive of me all the way,  just hate the hand I've been dealt.   They hate the dirty tricks that have been played on me.

Jeff, you should probably try to recognize that you have played your cards poorly. Everyone makes mistakes but you will only get better by learning from them.

I have not been the best at playing my given hands, and I do readily admit that I have not had my best game, but I am learning from them as we speak.  That said, I expect to be working in the first half of June.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:37 PM »

Folks, I am going to cease this latest dialogue at the end of the night.  I want to go back to my desire of no Update.  I just felt I had to respond to the accusations raised a page ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2014, 08:47:25 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

Jeff, do you have a rough idea of when the official proposal might be coming? Does Allison herself already roughly know when it might be coming?

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

Oh, and as of right now, I will probably start off with a Walmart ring since I obviously don't have the money to finance a full ring...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:34 PM »

Jeff, do you have a rough idea of when the official proposal might be coming? Does Allison herself already roughly know when it might be coming?

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

Hmm, why July 4th? Want to watch fireworks with her after you propose? 

It's a day we'll both have off and yes, I think that mid-summer holiday is a nice, romantic time.  I've got plans on how to do it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:08 PM »

I am hoping sometime in July.  (I have a fetish for doing it on July 4).  She knows it is coming, and probably knows sometime this summer, but is not sure of when.  I still have to talk it over with her dad over dinner first and ask his permission.  That's just how we both were raised.  She is still her father's daughter until a man takes her to be his wife and it is courtesy for the man to ask the father for permission to marry his daughter.  My goal is to keep her in the dark until I physically drop to one knee.

Hmm, why July 4th? Want to watch fireworks with her after you propose? 

It's a day we'll both have off and yes, I think that mid-summer holiday is a nice, romantic time.  I've got plans on how to do it.

Plus you can start listening to Christmas music together after the fireworks!

Haha! I doubt she will have anything to do with Christmas until Thanksgiving.  I will listen to Christmas Music on my way home.  This will also be the last year of putting my tree up in October.  It will be Thanksgiving evening or Black Friday starting in 2015...  She won't stop me from listening to Christmas music on my own, but she won't join in until at least after her birthday (November 22).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:54 PM »

Will you guys set a date for the wedding together?

We've had a date in place for quite a while - June 6, 2015.  That could change, and we will make it official, but everything we're doing is in preparation for that date.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »

Another call center? Oh this is going just as I expected, unfortunately.

Hey, I'm just trying to get some money at this point.  I can't be picky waiting for the perfect job to come around.  I know how to do call center work, and this is technical support something I did for an entire year at Dell and for 3 1/2 months in Utah.  I know how to do this type of work and it doesn't bother me as bad as it used to.  Hopefully, this drafting company will call and hire me and settle the score, so to speak.  Until then, at least it's not an MLM and it's not Kirby.  I know how to spot those a mile off now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »

You know you got me thinking and laughing that he probably dresses all up to go to these jobs too, maybe even wearing a tie, and then probably reports to a supervisor or even a division manger in jeans. That's often the case at call centers if not the rule.

Hell anecdote time: Today I went to an Ingress lunch meetup in downtown Minneapolis (lunch break for people who work there, but I had the day off), one of the guys I play with who showed up is a Solutions Architect, the name doesn't really tell you much about the job, but just know that it's a high level IT one that requires a boatload of certifications (it might be easier to get a Master's Degree) and typically has a starting salary of around $80k/year. And this guy was wearing a T-shirt and holey jeans. And now people can see why I laugh at the idea of "dress for success".

I dress up for the interview, but for work I dress to match the dress code.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies