AK-PPP: Cruz 15% Bush 14% Christie 14% Palin 12% Huckabee 11% Paul 11%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:47:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  AK-PPP: Cruz 15% Bush 14% Christie 14% Palin 12% Huckabee 11% Paul 11%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AK-PPP: Cruz 15% Bush 14% Christie 14% Palin 12% Huckabee 11% Paul 11%  (Read 835 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »

PPP GOP primary poll of Alaska:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_AK_514.pdf

Cruz 15%
Bush 14%
Christie 14%
Palin 12%
Huckabee 11%
Paul 11%
Ryan 4%
Walker 4%
Rubio 3%

If Palin doesn't run:

Christie 16%
Bush 15%
Cruz 15%
Paul 14%
Huckabee 10%
Ryan 5%
Walker 5%
Rubio 4%
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »

Haha, I wonder why Alaskans didn't hate on Palin in 2008 like the rest of us.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »

Who leads among....?

moderates: Christie
somewhat conservative: Christie
very conservative: Cruz
men: Bush
women: Cruz
age 18-45: Christie
age 46-65: Bush/Cruz tie
age 65+: Bush
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:16:41 PM »

Nice to see Christie bouncing back a little.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »

If these are, in fact, real numbers, I don't see why Mitt Romney wouldn't try again in 2016.  He's really no worse than any of the rest of these folks as a candidate, or a potential President for that matter.

Romney is sort of the GOP's new Tom Dewey.  Dewey, however, ran for President in a far, far more Democratic era against (A) wartime FDR and (B) Harry Truman, whose campaign strategy was brilliant. 

Why was Truman's strategy brilliant?  Because it made Dewey look impotent.  Dewey was a moderate-to-liberal Republican nominated on a moderate "me-too" GOP platform.  The composition of the GOP House and Senate delegations, however, were considerably more conservative, and not inclined to support Dewey's rather liberal platform.  Seeing this, Truman, during his acceptance speech, challenged the GOP to enact their platform into law between then and Election Day.  Truman indicated he would not veto it, and the GOP had majorities in both houses of Congress.  Of course, this didn't happen, and Truman was re-elected by a small margin (after being considered an underdog for the whole campaign).  Truman ran against the "do nothing 80th (Republican) Congress, and many of the "do-nothing" Republicans were, in truth, inclined to "do nothing" to seriously help Dewey get elected. 

Romney wouldn't have that problem in 2016.  He'd be running against Hillary Clinton, who will have a WORLD of negatives (without the incumbency advantage).  He would have time to regroup and reinvent himself a bit; Nixon did this and when he won in 1968, many of the negatives associated with "Nixon" had faded away.  He's more sober and more qualified than a whole lot of the folks mentioned, and he's not a Bush.  He didn't do abysmally against Obama, and a shift of a small number of votes in FL and OH alone would have made the EV count much, much closer.  The GOP could do far worse than nominating Mitt Romney, a guy who is not only qualified, but thoroughly vetted as well.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:26:49 AM »

Is it me or has Paul taken a hit in these state polls? I haven't been paying that much attention yet.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies