NH-Vox Populi (R): Sen. Shaheen (D) crushing Brown & Smith
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:58:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH-Vox Populi (R): Sen. Shaheen (D) crushing Brown & Smith
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-Vox Populi (R): Sen. Shaheen (D) crushing Brown & Smith  (Read 775 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

New Hampshire Political Issues
N = 707 Active Voters
May 14 - 15

SENBALLOT1: And the candidates were Democrat Jeanne Shaheen and Republican Scott Brown, for whom would you vote?

Democrat, Jeanne Shaheen 47
Republican, Scott Brown 35

SENBALLOT2: And if the candidates were Democrat Jeanne Shaheen and Republican Bob Smith, for whom would you vote?

Democrat, Jeanne Shaheen 45
Republican, Bob Smith 34

http://www.poppolling.com/useruploads/files/nh_may_senate_topline.pdf
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »

Lol Vox Populi.

Okay, Shaheen is leading, but not by this margin. By 6-8 points, it would be more accurate.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »

I'd be surprised if Shaheen's margin isn't double digits. Brown's frankly beclowning himself IMO. Been acting weird since the late stages of '12.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »

I find this pretty likely, even if the poll was taken before the Energy Bill scandal.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:04 AM »

Dominating.

The people of NH must surely realize that Browncare fathered Shaheencare.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »

Ugh, I'm starting to feel sorry for Brown.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:58 PM »

Brown brought this on himself, Miles. Like RogueBeaver said--and I'm glad he's admitting this since I know he's been a big Brown supporter for a long time--he's been acting ridiculous.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »

Tossup!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 02:02:25 PM »

This is as safe as it gets.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 02:29:16 PM »

Makes me wonder if a better candidate might have been able to do something here, seeing that Shaheen is below 50.

Unfortunately, we don't have many Jim Webbs or Kay Hagans waiting to exploit and opening and Shaheen isn't as foolish as Allen and Dole. Wink
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:36 PM »

From what I understand there is no Pub bench in NH. That said, this was still an insane idea from the outset.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:24 PM »

The pub NH bench consists entirely of the Sununu family.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »

Since this is an R leaning poll run by one of the Cheney daughters I suspect Shaheen may be leading by even more she's been running positive ads lately she could be well above 50 and crushing Brown by an even larger margin.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 04:42:03 PM »

Ouch. Is it too late for Scott Brown to find some other state to lose in?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2014, 09:55:47 PM by brah »

From what I understand there is no Pub bench in NH. That said, this was still an insane idea from the outset.

I wouldn't go as far to say that they have no bench. In fact, their bench is a bit larger than the other bench. Although they wasted one of their two A-list candidates on the wrong race, they still have a decent amount of candidates there, and more than the NH Democrats do, especially in the second district.

• The obvious name that jumps out, and the best candidate any of the parties have, is Chris Sununu, my Executive Councillor and heir to the Sununu name. He has a decent reputation as a moderate, and he has enough name recognition to hold down his Republican-tilting seat.
  • Marilinda Garcia is a rising star too, and would be the perfect candidate for national stardom if she wasn't too conservative for NH-2. She's a fool to have passed on a Senate run - although she may only be a state representative, she's a better candidate than Brown, this race is much more winnable than Kuster's seat, and she would be floated as a presidential contender in 2020 if she won.
  • The one name in the State Senate, of course, is Jeb Bradley, the big fish in the small pond, and a former Congressman. You all know him.
  • Other than that, you've gotta think Chuck Morse runs for something higher-up soon. He's admitted that his party can't beat Hassan this year, so I'm guessing he will make a run in 2016 for Governor or NH-2 (probably the second, considering I think Kuster goes for Ayotte). That would clear the field for a Marilinda Garcia revival.
  • I'd say the best bet outside of the leadership is Jeannie Forrester, a high-ranking state senator from the North Country. She doesn't have much of a moderate reputation, but if you're holding an even seat by over 60%, you're doing something right.
  • Former Senate President and LGC head Peter Bragdon could definitely make a comeback too, considering he's only 50, and he's got quite the resume behind him. People should have forgotten about his brief conflict-of-interest scandal now that that's been resolved.

• Another intriguing option is Nancy Stiles. She's a very skilled politician, and she's been able to mask her various flip-flops over the past two years by portraying herself as a down-to-earth legislator who's "here to listen". She's one of the few pro-gay marriage Republicans in the legislature, but her career might be coming to a short end this year when she faces a strong primary challenge.
  • Gubernatorial candidate Andrew Hemingway is also a decent option. He's 33, the former head of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a young business entrepreneur, and is pro-gay and pro-marijuana. He has enough money to make waves, but the only problem is that he's running against someone who he can't beat. Like Garcia, I could see him succeed in the future, but now is not his time.
  • Andy Sanborn looks good on paper, but like I said, he has far too much baggage to be a contender above this level.
  • Odell has ridden off into the sunset.
  • Innis is also irrelevant. While he'd be another "intriguing candidate" and a very strong bet to pick up NH-1, there is no way he makes it past the primary. He voted for his colleague in the 2012 primary for governor... only problem was, she was a Democrat running on an income tax. Thinking realistically, that's just not going to fly with GOP voters.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »

I look forward to Shaheen giving Scott a good spanking in November.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 01:51:21 AM »

I look forward to Shaheen giving Scott a good spanking in November.

Shaheen and Elizabeth Warren can get matching t-shirts saying "I beat Trucky McBarncoat."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies