US ready for black president or femle president?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:11:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US ready for black president or femle president?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US ready for black president or femle president?  (Read 3281 times)
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2004, 09:07:12 PM »

I am curious to see what the forum members think.

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 10:57:14 PM »

We're not ready to elect a martian yet but my answer would be we're equally ready for either of the first 2 options.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 12:12:02 AM »

White female president.  There are more women than men in the US, so they don't have the same "minority effect" a Black or Hispanic would.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 06:17:21 AM »

If by unich you mean Eunuch then it is quite possible some of the people would like that, no zipper problems. Maybe the highly pious Christians would like that? Maybe not, I don't know really.

I voted black male President although I think a white female President is equally possible.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 06:36:29 AM »

And I think King meant "prejudiced" when he wrote "predigious."
Anyways, White Woman here.
bejkuy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 06:11:30 PM »

Black Male.

Most men and an awful lot of women aren't ready for a woman president.  

A woman has to be twice as good to overcome the sterotypes and prejudices of people at home and abroad.

Like Margaret Thatcher.  There's a woman I'd vote for.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

A conservative female and any minority would be fine by me, but as said earlier they just have to be conservative enough!
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 07:09:17 PM »

I say elect a black, jewish woman third party President and get it all over and done with.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 09:22:43 PM »

I think that we're ready for either of the first two choices, but there are probably more white females that are electable as president as opposed to black males, so we're liklier to see a white female president before we see a black male.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 10:01:08 PM »

I voted for black male, but I'm not really sure.

The reality is, there are right now no blacks, male or female, that can be considered serious contenders for the presidency in the forseeable future.  Colin Powell would have the best shot, but he's made it pretty clear he doesn't want it.  

Condeleeza Rice is often mentioned, and I like her, but she has never held elective office.  She is mentioned only because people are desperate to come up with a black and/or female candidate.

As far as women go, there is really only one possible contender for the forseeable future, and that is that dreadful former first lady who is currently the junior senator from New York.  She may win, but she faces a lot of opposition.

I think it is more important to elect a black person, of either gender, than to elect a woman.  I think it's important for blacks to see that they can make it all the way to the top in American society.  I think that our current racial divisions make this unlikely for a long time.  A liberal black candidate would repel and scare a lot of whites, more than a liberal white candidate would, but a conservative black candidate would be viewed as a sellout by the black community.  It will be difficult to surmount this conundrum.  Maybe Barak Obama can do it, but that is a few elections off.

As far as women go, I see no particular priority to having a woman as president.  Women have not suffered anywhere near the "oppression" that the feminists claim, having jumped onto the victimization bandwagon and piggybacking off legitimate black claims of discrimination.

A white woman who is conservative has the best shot of being elected of any "out" group, but I can't think of any right now who are ready in the next few years.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 04:04:08 AM »

A white woman who is conservative has the best shot of being elected of any "out" group, but I can't think of any right now who are ready in the next few years.
A conservative (but not too conservative) white woman could win the elections easily, but would have trouble getting nominated in the first place...
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 05:13:30 AM »

I say elect a black, jewish woman third party President and get it all over and done with.

Yeah man! You've got the right idea.  Get Carol Mosley Braun to switch faiths and run as a Green and I will campaign for her until my wheels fall off and I sweat blood out my eyeballs!

freedomburns
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 05:20:03 AM »

Yeah man! You've got the right idea.  Get Carol Mosley Braun to switch faiths and run as a Green and I will campaign for her until my wheels fall off and I sweat blood out my eyeballs!

freedomburns

I liked Carol Moseley Braun's message of positive inclusion, but I did not agree with her specific proposals and policies.  And she wouldn't stand a chance if she ran.  Look at how she did even in the Democratic party.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2004, 06:52:56 AM »

White female. But neither before 2012 at the earliest.

And I think you mean Black jewish disabled single-mother former crack-addict lesbian green, tredrick Wink
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 10:04:54 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2004, 10:08:31 PM by nclib »

I think it is more important to elect a black person, of either gender, than to elect a woman.  I think it's important for blacks to see that they can make it all the way to the top in American society.  I think that our current racial divisions make this unlikely for a long time.

As far as women go, I see no particular priority to having a woman as president.  Women have not suffered anywhere near the "oppression" that the feminists claim, having jumped onto the victimization bandwagon and piggybacking off legitimate black claims of discrimination.

I disagree (though certainly it would be great to have anyone break the white male hold on the presidency).

However, I feel it is even more important to have a woman president (of any race) than a black president. Blacks are accepted as leaders in their own communities, whereas women are always expected to live in the periphery of men. A woman president would help dispel that stereotype.

It is also more unfortunate that the U.S. has never had a woman president since women are 52% of the adult population whereas blacks are 12%.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 01:26:49 AM »

If history is any guide, a black man will become president before a white woman, because black men were given the right to vote before white women.  However, what would be most important would be their message, level of charisma, and ideas to make America a better place.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 02:28:39 PM »

White Female
ijohn57s

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 09:27:07 PM »

I voted black male.

If I would have been old enough to vote in 2000, I would have voted for Alan Keyes in the GOP primary. (I'm very well satisfied with President Bush, though.)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »

No. Hopefully David Duke will win in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies