The Office of Mideast Governor TJ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Mideast Governor TJ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of Mideast Governor TJ  (Read 10348 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: August 23, 2014, 02:13:22 AM »

Don't forget to open a voting booth on the constitutional amendment, Governor Lieutenant Governor.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:39:54 AM »

Frankly, Mr. Governor, sir, I won't be shocked if you sign this bill. I know you and I disagree on many issues and that basic human dignity for all Atlasians is one of them. However, I beseech thee in the bowels of Christ to veto this bill. This is nothing but an attempt to dehumanize and debase the millions of LGBT students all across your great region and to teach them that they are less than full citizens of this nation, less than human even. I understand that you have your reasons for opposing full civil rights for LGBT Atlasians, but I do hope that you are not so far gone as to make it official government policy that they are worse than their heterosexual brothers and sisters. A marriage is a marriage, no matter how gay, and it is inhumane to demean the millions of happily married gay couples all across the Mideast and Atlasia at-large (including Mr. Flo and myself) to declare us *inherently* worse than couples such as Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.

I was going to make my own personal appeal, but I guess I can start off with this point.

TJ, I know you subscribe to a very religious Catholic teaching about morality.  However, based off of what I have observed, I stubbornly hold to a belief that you know that using the government in this manner is wrong.  Nobody's life is going to be saved if you sign this into law.

Do.  Not.  Sign.  This.  Legislation.

If you sign this, then it is war.

I wouldn't worry, because it's very likely he won't.

The precedent/process for unpopular legislation/law in the Mideast is as follows:

1) Legislature passes crazy shit
2) It lands on Governor's desk
3) People demand Governor veto it
4) Governor remains silent, stalls for 7 days
5) Bill becomes law
6) Inevitable lawsuit appears
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies