Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:19:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 [137]
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 251369 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3400 on: February 08, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2014, 04:11:47 PM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

15.95 tax expenditure kept in place, 34.15 in savings.

2.95 in savings from the farm subsidies being cleared out.

Will need assistance in determining how things balance from the revenue side of things. It only needs to raise 7.254 bil to break even, according to the 2013 budget. I imagine that the brackets in the bill will raise more than that.

We also need to consider the boost this could give to sales taxes. More spending money for low and middle income earners will result in an increased sales tax revenue.

I plan on utilizing the credits left in the bill for future legislation. And I think they're just good.

EDIT: When I say it takes 7.254 to break even, I mean 7.254 to keep from touching the surplus. Right now, this couldn't really force us into a deficit using 2013 budget numbers.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3401 on: February 11, 2014, 01:03:20 AM »

It's a resolution, therefore it's supposed to be "fluffy." Assures taxpayers' their money is being used correctly.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3402 on: March 29, 2014, 12:12:42 AM »

The 35th Session of the Assembly is now called to order.  Members, please swear in.  I will now open the floor for nominations for Speaker.  Nominations will remain open for 48 hours.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3403 on: March 29, 2014, 12:44:23 AM »

I nominate Inks for Speaker.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3404 on: March 29, 2014, 11:21:59 PM »

I second that, if necessary.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #3405 on: March 30, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »

Thirded.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3406 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »

I accept the nomination.  Seeing no other nominations, I ask unanimous consent that Inks.LWC be elected Speaker.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3407 on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:40 AM »

Seeing no objections, Inks.LWC has been elected Speaker.

Legislation may now be introduced.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3408 on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »

The Mideast is the largest recipient of federal Fritzcare money, 273 billion. As the dialogue at the federal level about healthcare continues, the Mideast can do our part to help in the federal reforms to come by cutting our healthcare costs. That is the purpose of this legislation.

So, let me take this item by item.

Standard Health Credit(SHC)-  We pay for a large portion of the Standard Health Credit by eliminating the existing health tax credits. The credit is refundable meaning that it is essentially a subsidy for low-income families. The SHC encourages frugality and makes quality, private insurance possible for every citizen of the Mideast.

Setting Up the MWA- This agency will essentially serve as our chief healthcare agency. It will make administration of healthcare policies simpler and more cost-effective. It is also worth noting that the agency will not add an unfunded dime to the budget. It is in the bill that they can't operate at a loss.

Employer Wellness Programs- These programs, run by the MWA, will cut healthcare costs in the intermediate to long term. It is a great way to encourage healthiness and reduce longterm demand on our hospitals.

High Risk Pools- These are also controlled by the MWA. The pools will cut premiums for the vast majority while also doing what is best for high-need individuals. The Risk Management component serves to once again cut costs. The penalties for not enrolling in HRP's if you're eligible is designed to pay your share of the disproportionate costs you put on the healthcare system.

Healthcare Efficiency Tax Deduction- This one is pretty straightforward. If you cut costs, you get a tax cut. If you increase costs, you pay more. This is designed to cut the cost-of-delivery and lower premiums and out-of-pocket costs on patients and insurers.

Prescription surcharges- The provider fee is designed to tackle the issue of over-prescription. If people don't need medicated, don't medicate them. It's supposed to increase the longevity of drugs. The consumer fee with the generic exemption is a cost containment thing. By encouraging use of generics, we're going to significantly reduce spending on prescription drugs.

Excise Tax Increases- The items I've raised taxes on all contribute to higher healthcare costs. By raising revenue on these items, we're also cutting their use. This is the most sensible way to raise revenue for healthcare policies since the tax increases alone are cost containment measures.

Spending Reduction- Keeping our belts tightened and paying for a worthwhile program. The cut is over 5 billion dollars and helps pay for a very large portion of this bill.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3409 on: May 22, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »

I'm now going to adjourn this session.  The new session will open tomorrow at noon in a new thread.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 [137]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies