PA: Rasmussen: Wolf (D) eats Gov. Corbett (R) alive (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:29:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA: Rasmussen: Wolf (D) eats Gov. Corbett (R) alive (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA: Rasmussen: Wolf (D) eats Gov. Corbett (R) alive  (Read 4921 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: June 01, 2014, 10:19:42 AM »

Wow, that kind of of margin is really quite insane for an incumbent Governor. If that kind of margin holds up, it'll have to be among the worst defeats. The only really bad loss for an incumbent Governor I can think of was Chet Culver in 2010, which was about a 10% margin. If anyone can come up with some more, I'd be interested to know.
Another recent one was scandal-plagued Ernie Fletcher who lost his re-election bid in 2007 by 17 points.

But wow. At this point, it's really not even a question as to whether Wolf can beat Corbett and just a matter of whether or not he can break Rendell's 2006 margin with the help of suburbia on Wolf's side. Wolf somehow managed to avoid being ripped apart by Schwartz and McCord, so if Corbett's "tax and spend" strategy doesn't work, he's pretty much done.

Also, given Wolf's ability to self-fund, I hope Shumlin doesn't make the mistake to write Wolf a whole bunch of checks and run ads on his part when Wolf's got that covered and we'll need Shumlin's help elsewhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies