I'm Back
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:40:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I'm Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 9454 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2005, 12:37:13 PM »

I remember you taking part in those debates in the PA 13 thread. 

What did he have? One post?
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2005, 03:37:26 PM »

I'd like to say hello to all my friends who have wished me a good return.

I did hear of Ms. Schwartz's victory, Handzus, and by vanquishing that irredeeming bigot, she was one of the few bright spots in an alltogether dismal election night. I was in Milan when the results came in, and believe me, many were weeping in the streets.

I spent a month in Cote d'Azur, JFK, and then some time in Lombardy, the Veneto, and finally a long stay in Tuscany. Italy is such a beautiful country, and I miss it terribly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »

I did hear of Ms. Schwartz's victory, Handzus, and by vanquishing that irredeeming bigot, she was one of the few bright spots in an alltogether dismal election night.

You don't even know Melissa Brown. Neither you nor any other clown that knew anything about the woman should be calling her a bigot.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2005, 10:23:15 AM »

I spent a month in Cote d'Azur, JFK, and then some time in Lombardy, the Veneto, and finally a long stay in Tuscany. Italy is such a beautiful country, and I miss it terribly.

Very nice, while in Veneto did you stay in Venezia itself? Now that, is spectacular. I was there a few Easters ago, it snowed the day we left and all around the area - we took a train from Venezia to Roma.

Did you not venture south onto the peninsula itself at all? If I am not mistaken Lombardy, the Veneto and Tuscany are all in the North with the Veneto only just dipping into the peninsula slightly.

I must admit my experience of both France and Italy is limited with France being to Nantes and Paris mainly with a brief stay in the Bourgogne also and Italy to Roma and Venezia basically with a few brief encounters elsewhere during travel.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2005, 11:26:07 AM »

I was in the actual city of Venice for three weeks (hopefully in a less decadent fashion than Gustav von Aschenbach), and then I went through the rest of the Veneto for a week, though at times I might have been in the Emilio-Romagna. I'm so bad with direction that I could have been in Austria and wouldn't have known it.

I prefer northern Italy, though I once vacationed in Taormina, Sicily and had a wonderful time.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2005, 11:23:20 AM »

It's You !!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2005, 01:16:54 PM »

migrendel, you are familiar both with legal matters and Europe - any advice on the possibility of an American subject such as myself acquiring citizenship in a European country?

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2005, 05:20:14 AM »

migrendel, you are familiar both with legal matters and Europe - any advice on the possibility of an American subject such as myself acquiring citizenship in a European country?

Why don't you just move to the Cayman islands? I dont think they'd deny you citizenship.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2005, 08:23:49 PM »

It's so weird hearing all of these icons that I imagined always being here are actually fawning over another icon.  Wow, I feel so new!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2005, 08:26:31 PM »

Someone set up us migrendel.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2005, 12:35:16 PM »

I have returned after an extended abscence. I apologize to whomever I have failed to contact, but I have been vacationing for the last seven months in Italy and France. I also left because I had intended to get married, but I have decided against it for philosophical reasons. I personally oppose same-sex marriage now, because I have come to realize that no progress is made by emulating the most reactionary aspects of heterosexual sexuality, and indeed, it de-radicalizes our culture by imposing the chafing boundary of monogamy upon us. I do, however, support allowing it as a legal choice for those who wish to enter into one.

funny thing, I had the opposite mental evolution.  I was traditionally against gay marriage.  Not because I am uncomfortable with homosexuals or don't think they deserve equal treatment under the law, but because I thought they had it made and just didn't realize it.  I wish I had a nickel for every time I responded "Hey man, we don't need the sanctification of the Church or the State to justify our love.  We're not conformists like you are." in answer to the question, "when are y'all going to settle down and get married."  I thought, you know Steve and Craig and Keith, my closest gay friends, and all gays in general have it made.  They never have to to be pressured by their friends and families about all this.  What?!  You're 35 and still single?  Don't you want to be married?!  How easy it must be for the gays.

You see, as you think now, so too did I at one time.  You shall grow up too one day Migrendel.  Anyway, welcome back to the forum.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2005, 12:51:35 PM »

Wel..  wel... welcome!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2005, 08:09:15 AM »

Haha...there are only a few of us who can actually remember Migrendel I guess. Wink

Welcome back, you'll make the debates more interesting again.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2005, 10:35:15 AM »

...or at least more verbose.  Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2005, 01:48:20 PM »

Cool.