FL-FCPI: Scott up 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:34:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-FCPI: Scott up 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-FCPI: Scott up 3  (Read 1360 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »

Scott: 41%
Crist: 38%
Wyllie: 4%
Some other candidate: 8%

Amendment #1 (Water & Land Conservation): 78/14
Amendment #2 (Use of Marijuana for Medical Conditions): 58/36
Amendment #3 (Prospective Appointment of Judicial Vacancies): 34/26

Scott favorabilities are at 45/43, Crist at 41/45. Scott's job approval sits at 52/42, while the Legislature's is at 44/38. 43/41 say Florida is heading in the right direction. Voters are concerned about the economy (29%), education (14%) and healthcare (13%). 46% admit that Florida's unemployment rate has dropped under Scott, while 37% say they're better off today than a year ago. Poll of 806 likelies from the Florida Chamber of Commerce's Political Institute.

I'm iffy on this poll overall - the wording of "recognize that Florida’s unemployment rate has dropped since Governor Rick Scott took office" seems vaguely push-polly. The Florida Chamber has raised more than $1M for Scott as well, so it's fair to say the poll leans right - though not by much. The right direction/wrong direction trend seems to be fairly accurate and is probably what's fueling Scott's seeming turnaround.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »

Yeah, seems like a quasi-internal.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »

What is Crist doing ?

LAZY
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:53:28 PM »

Since Scott will win anyways, time to put our energies into protecting IL and winning MI, Pa, RI and Me.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »

What happened to this race? Did people finally realize what a hypocrite Crist really is?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »

What happened to this race? Did people finally realize what a hypocrite Crist really is?

The right direction/wrong direction trend seems to be fairly accurate and is probably what's fueling Scott's seeming turnaround.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »

Crist is going to lose someone that was seen as a goner for most of his term. Too perfect.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 10:03:47 PM »

Crist is going to lose someone that was seen as a goner for most of his term. Too perfect.
I still doubt Scott wins, especially with this new scandal that hit today. Also, Scott has only really brought Crist's numbers down rather than bringing his own numbers up, so Crist will probably jump ahead again once he and the DGA start spending.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »

The right direction/wrong direction trend seems to be fairly accurate and is probably what's fueling Scott's seeming turnaround.

This reminds me of a quote from fantasyland (I think it was lief)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In 2010, we saw record gains by Republicans, but Republicans really didn't gain numbers, Democrats lost numbers. Scott ran in that wave, and these last four years he has been signing bills and legislation that make old conservatives happy, and they always vote. Scott's even airing ads about his accomplishments to Crists failures, the one that stuck out to me thus far is the student loan ad, where even I was impressed.

I'm afraid that Democrats aren't enthusiastic about Crist, and many of those who vote "enthusiastic" only do so because he's a Democrat now.

In fantasyland I was ahead in the polls by a substantial margin, but I didn't turn out my base, and Crist will do the same thing here. He isn't a good candidate, and you can argue all you want, but the only reason Democrats are supporting him is because of the possibility of winning, and not much else.

And I'm afraid we're throwing away this seat with him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 01:06:22 AM »

Uh...yeah guys, just to keep some perspective here:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/governor/fl/florida_governor_scott_vs_crist-3545.html

It's funny some people are bragging that a 3 point lead from a Chamber of Commerce poll supposedly makes it a fact that Crist will lose, declaring that Rick Snyder who is ahead by a substantial margin is a better target than Scott, and that Crist is clearly doomed despite the fact that Scott has spent millions, Crist has spent virtually nothing, and he's STILL ahead in the poll aggregate.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 03:07:18 AM »

Crist hasn't really campaigned, Scott has.

Plus Flo's point is pretty valid too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies