Clinton/ Warner ticket the best?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Clinton/ Warner ticket the best?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton/ Warner ticket the best?  (Read 2644 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2005, 06:58:11 AM »

Evan Bah (Indiana - senator)
Hillary Clinton (New York- senator)
Feingold (Wisconsin - senator)
Richardson (New Mexico- governor)
Biden (Delaware- senator)
Warner (Virginia - governor)

Evan Bayh - voted against condi rice - bad move. and is pro death penalty - not good.

Feingold is being pushed by Howard Dean, so he will be strong. His senate run many say helped Kerry win the state.
Will get huge support in his run especially if the primaries arent changed and should win Iowa, Wisconsin.

Richardson - expeirence of the north koreans - very important. but i think he would be apart of the hillary government. He will win new mexico, nevada maybe Arizona but if McCain wins, he wont.

Warner - my pick without a doubt. From Virginia and he is doing well as governor. he is loved by the NRA - who want him to run for President in 08. Receives alot of money from republican organisations. He is a methodist also, and has made remarks about Falwell and Robertson who have tarnished the faith of those who are true evangelicals.
He has also hit home runs with liberals. he is a true environmentalist. he thinks its wrong to say that faith is important but then the next minute destroy the environment. Not many know about him, but he is a serious contender and is very popualr amongst independents who admire and respect his honesty. if he can crack Virginia then he can win the nomination.

But thats not going to happen, although i hope he will be Hillarys vp, coz then we have a winning ticket.

TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 11:03:15 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2005, 11:04:46 AM by Scoonie »

Warner/Feingold or Feingold/Warner is the best ticket IMO. Warner is seen as moderate and Feingold is the passionate one. The ticket could both turn out the base and reach out to centrists and moderate Republicans.

Hillary would be a disaster, she really should just stay in the Senate.

Warner/Richardson could also be a good ticket, but I don't think it would excite the base too much.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 11:12:14 AM »

Clinton/Anybody would probably be a disaster.  Sometimes I think we underestimate Hillary Clinton, but I still cant see her winning.  Can you imagine Hillary Clinton as Commander In Chief?

Warner/Feingold.  You heard it here first.
skybridge
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 12:57:49 PM »

Given your choices, Feingold/Bayh seems best.

Bill Clinton actually sentenced two people to death in his last term as governor--something I don't agree with.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 04:57:56 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2005, 05:06:25 PM by Frodo »

Warner/Feingold or Feingold/Warner is the best ticket IMO. Warner is seen as moderate and Feingold is the passionate one. The ticket could both turn out the base and reach out to centrists and moderate Republicans.

Feingold/Richardson would be an even better choice, IMHO, with no disrespect intended for my governor, Mark Warner.  Richardson simply has more experience, and would be invaluable in winning various Southwest swing states like New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado, and making Arizona close. 

and, Skybridge, as i said before and i say again, it is not a good idea to have two senators at the top of the ticket.  we need at least one governor to provide executive experience. 

and given the caliber of governors we have to pick from, the VP slot should be the most they ought to be given at this point in time.  2012 and 2016 might be a different story if Mike Schweitzer wins a second term as Montana governor, and Eliot Spitzer wins two terms as New York governor.....

although, speaking of 2012 and 2016, i would be hard pressed not to back Illinois Senator Barack Obama should he decide to run for president after winning a second term in 2010.   

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 04:59:59 PM »

Putting a senator on the ticket will not work. Learn from history guys!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 05:11:21 PM »

Putting a senator on the ticket will not work. Learn from history guys!

The Democrats should nominate one of- Bedresen, Rendell, Warner, Easley, Blagojevich, Napolitano- and pair them with Bayh or Feingold.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 05:56:37 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2005, 06:10:02 PM by nickshepDEM »

Feingold/Richardson would be an even better choice, IMHO, with no disrespect intended for my governor, Mark Warner.  Richardson simply has more experience, and would be invaluable in winning various Southwest swing states like New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado, and making Arizona close.

I doubt anyone would seriously argue that Senators make better presidential candidates than Governors.  Id take a mediocore Governor over an excellent Senator anyday of the week.  Its just too easy to attack Senators.  Their voting record is like a gift from god.  You can pick it apart, exploit it, and spin it.  By the way, Richardson has some serious skeletons.  He brings more baggage to a ticket than he is worth.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 06:26:19 PM »

I think a Feingold/Warner ticket would be great. If the party can unite under a strong ticket like this one, I believe we can win in '08 and then again in '12. Maybe beyond. I personnally think Obama would make a great candidate in 2016 or 2020 if he makes an impressive mark on the Senate and the party.

I also think if Edwards backs down from the presidency and endorses somone like Warner and maybe runs for governor in 2008 or 2012 he could make a huge comeback in '16 or '20 for the White House.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 06:30:25 PM »

I think a Feingold/Warner ticket would be great. If the party can unite under a strong ticket like this one, I believe we can win in '08 and then again in '12. Maybe beyond. I personnally think Obama would make a great candidate in 2016 or 2020 if he makes an impressive mark on the Senate and the party.

I also think if Edwards backs down from the presidency and endorses somone like Warner and maybe runs for governor in 2008 or 2012 he could make a huge comeback in '16 or '20 for the White House.

Edwards would be a bit old (67) in 2020, and his looks would be gone which would make him unelectable.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 06:34:42 PM »

Edwards would be a bit old (67) in 2020, and his looks would be gone which would make him unelectable.

Wasn't Reagan 71 when he was elected and he looked pretty good. Edwards looks pretty good for his age and probably would still look pretty good at 67. His looks aren't all that's going for him, he's a pretty gook orator.
skybridge
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 04:49:23 AM »

and, Skybridge, as i said before and i say again, it is not a good idea to have two senators at the top of the ticket.  we need at least one governor to provide executive experience.

I see what you're saying, but that doesn't make Warner a better candidate or potential president than Feingold.

I doubt anyone would seriously argue that Senators make better presidential candidates than Governors.  Id take a mediocore Governor over an excellent Senator anyday of the week.  Its just too easy to attack Senators.  Their voting record is like a gift from god.  You can pick it apart, exploit it, and spin it. 

Well, yes, that happened in 2004. But don't be fooled by not making the same mistake twice (running a liberal senator), because no matter who the Democrats nominate, the GOP will try to tear to shreds. It's very doubtful they will be more courteous towards a governor...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 07:23:45 AM »

Why would voting against Condolezza Rice be a negative?
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2005, 11:50:48 AM »

Evan Bah (Indiana - senator)
Hillary Clinton (New York- senator)
Feingold (Wisconsin - senator)
Richardson (New Mexico- governor)
Biden (Delaware- senator)
Warner (Virginia - governor)

Evan Bayh - voted against condi rice - bad move. and is pro death penalty - not good.

Feingold is being pushed by Howard Dean, so he will be strong. His senate run many say helped Kerry win the state.
Will get huge support in his run especially if the primaries arent changed and should win Iowa, Wisconsin.

Richardson - expeirence of the north koreans - very important. but i think he would be apart of the hillary government. He will win new mexico, nevada maybe Arizona but if McCain wins, he wont.

Warner - my pick without a doubt. From Virginia and he is doing well as governor. he is loved by the NRA - who want him to run for President in 08. Receives alot of money from republican organisations. He is a methodist also, and has made remarks about Falwell and Robertson who have tarnished the faith of those who are true evangelicals.
He has also hit home runs with liberals. he is a true environmentalist. he thinks its wrong to say that faith is important but then the next minute destroy the environment. Not many know about him, but he is a serious contender and is very popualr amongst independents who admire and respect his honesty. if he can crack Virginia then he can win the nomination.

But thats not going to happen, although i hope he will be Hillarys vp, coz then we have a winning ticket.

First, let me welcome you to the forum.

Second, I noted you listed Biden, but had no comment on him, unlike most of the others.

Third, the liberal media is continuing to decrease in its influence.  That group has a fixation on Senators as THE source of future Presidents.  In fact, the only time in the lifetime of any living American that a person who is a Senator who had not subsequently served as Vice-President (or previously as Govenor) has been elected to the Presidency was in 1960.

YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 11:56:29 AM »

Wasn't Reagan 71 when he was elected and he looked pretty good. Edwards looks pretty good for his age and probably would still look pretty good at 67. His looks aren't all that's going for him, he's a pretty gook orator.

Yes but Reagan wasn't a one-term do nothing senator. Edwards will be forgotten by 2009.
J.R. Brown
Rutzay
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 08:50:16 PM »

Yes but Reagan wasn't a one-term do nothing senator. Edwards will be forgotten by 2009.

Not if he runs for governor in 2008 or 2012.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 09:39:34 PM »

I thought that Reagan was only 67 when elected to the Presidency for his first term.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »

He was born in 1911; I think that makes it 69.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 09:44:39 PM »

Under the Taft administration... boggles the mind...
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »

Okay, I'll buy that.  That still makes Reagan younger than Edwards would be in 2020.  Unless Edwards can jumpstart his political fortunes by winning some statewide office before then, and I have my doubts that he can, he'll have no future in Presidential politics.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 02:04:18 PM »

Clinton/Anybody would probably be a disaster.  Sometimes I think we underestimate Hillary Clinton, but I still cant see her winning.  Can you imagine Hillary Clinton as Commander In Chief?

I agree
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies