Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:17:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids - they kidnappin' errebody!  (Read 11172 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 02, 2014, 09:53:32 PM »

I just woke up, did Israel finally do that "proportional response" thing the Euros are always asking them to do?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 12:24:33 AM »

I think it was vigilantes rather than Israel as a state. I hope so, anyway.
Yeah, obviously....I was just poking fun at the "proportional response" guys.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 03:33:40 AM »

10 rockets out of Gaza last night, 4 hitting houses.  Nobody hurt (they were in shelters).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:50:51 AM »

Another 30 today....looks like it's about time for Israel to "cut the grass" again.

...but of course most of you don't want to hear that. (hence the crickets)  When Israel responds though....oh you'll care then.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »

Another 30 today....looks like it's about time for Israel to "cut the grass" again.

...but of course most of you don't want to hear that. (hence the crickets)  When Israel responds though....oh you'll care then.

...30 people kidnapped? What are you talking about?
Roll Eyes

Looks like Israel has finally responded after a couple of days of rockets.  Good for them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »

The thread was quiet today (despite the story not being quite), you guys must be still waiting for the next reason to pay attention to this story.  There is still hope, maybe you'll get it tomorrow!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 02:57:47 AM »

Too close to home boys?

Just be patient, you'll have a reason to respond to this thread again...maybe in a couple of days.  Maybe even tomorrow!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »

Why?  While tragic on a personal level for the people directly affected, the sad fact is that this isn't news.
4 kidnapped and murdered Israeli teenagers wasn't news.  1 Palestinian kidnapped and murdered and it's thread worthy.  Rockets from Gaza, not news.  Israel kills a handful of bad guys in response, the Third Intifada just begun!  More rockets, not news.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »

Why?  While tragic on a personal level for the people directly affected, the sad fact is that this isn't news.
4 kidnapped and murdered Israeli teenagers wasn't news.  1 Palestinian kidnapped and murdered and it's thread worthy.  Rockets from Gaza, not news.  Israel kills a handful of bad guys in response, the Third Intifada just begun!  More rockets, not news.
Agreed.  They're not news.  They're titillating factoids that represent absolutely no change in what has been going on.
Ignoring Gully's whinging, at what point does it become news?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »

So you don't think we should talk about the conflict until one of those things happen?  That's a bit of a high bar ain't it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 11:15:12 PM »

So you don't think we should talk about the conflict until one of those things happen?  That's a bit of a high bar ain't it?

No, I think I shouldn't talk about it.  I really don't give a rip whether or not you flap your gums over this or not.  Just don't expect me to join you in wasting breath discussing this until then.
I didn't know somebody had asked you in here, they were clearly in the wrong.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »

No, I think I shouldn't talk about it.  I really don't give a rip whether or not you flap your gums over this or not.  Just don't expect me to join you in wasting breath discussing this until then.
I didn't know somebody had asked you in here, they were clearly in the wrong.

Yes they were:

The thread was quiet today (despite the story not being quite), you guys must be still waiting for the next reason to pay attention to this story.  There is still hope, maybe you'll get it tomorrow!

Too close to home boys?

Just be patient, you'll have a reason to respond to this thread again...maybe in a couple of days.  Maybe even tomorrow!

My response here wasn't about the "news" from Cisjordan, but about your pleading insistence that others consider it as important as you think it is.
Wow....k....uhhhh, I hope you feel better.....meanwhile

Hamas tries to attack coastal city with hilarious results
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hundreds more rockets, Iron Dome seems to be doing a great job keeping them away from civilians.  Good for them (and us and the West at large as we share this technology).

The IDF has been a little restrained up until now, but if the rockets keep coming, the gloves are ready to be taken off.  40k reservists called up today.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:11 AM »

ugggg....Summer colds suck
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 05:22:38 AM »

subtle
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »

So you'd rather it be proportional?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 11:21:40 AM »

The Egyptian and the Americans are sharing the blame for this madness continuation. The lethargic effort to negotiate to an already known ceasefire is equally at their doorstep.
I thought I had read that Egypt was trying to talk with Hamas, but Hamas left the table to shoot more rockets.  Hamas is in dire straights, they've lost a LOT of funding in the last couple of years and it's thought that this is just a really loud cry for help.
I'd rather it not to happen at all...
Sure, sure, me too...but when a country is attacked, especially in the barbaric ways this country has been attacked they can't sit on their hands or send an angry letter.
So you'd rather it be proportional?

You keep raising proportionality as if it were a preposterous irrelevancy - but disproportionate  military action is a crime of war, and has been for a very long time.
The proportional response in this case would be to murder 3 innocent teenagers and then launch hundreds of rockets randomly at civilians, and no sane people would be cool with that.  Going after the launchers, the stock piles, command and control centers and the people running the show seems like a much saner option to me.  If those things are located with little regard for the people and things around them, well it sucks, but it still needs to be done and the fault shouldn't lay at the feet of the people defending themselves.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 11:47:48 AM »

They've done little damage thanks to the Iron Dome and Israelis being good at hiding because they get so much practice.  I do agree that new settlements are a bad idea and many/most of the ones in place now should be removed if that's what would bring peace.

It wouldn't, which is why they'll stay.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:59:01 PM »

Murdering innocent civilians would be the crime of distinction - which is related to, but quite distinct from, proportionality. Causing excessive civilian casualties in the pursuit of legitimate military objectives is what proportionality refers to.
And Israel has spent many millions on upgrading their bombs and tactics to avoid civilian casualties, they actually do a great job of it, considering how their enemy fights.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 01:18:39 AM »

Perhaps the blurry distinction between military and civilian targets comes from the nature of the Gaza strip; eighty percent of its population consists of refugees from the original cleansing of the former British Palestinian Mandate, and for a decade now Israel has mounted a total blockade of their open-air prison. If you want I could swat down any other Western media narratives you can parrot.
A blockade so total that the Palistinians living in Gaza are the fattest people in the Middle East (8th in the world) and have many hundreds of rockets.  A blockade so complete that they receive more aid per capita than any other group in the world.  Weird.
Roll Eyes
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »

And it looks like at least two of my recent posts have been reported. Israel is even under attack on an internet forum!
Well you have revealed in several posts that you're a bigot, so that shouldn't be surprising to you.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »

Well they had a cool water park once, for about 2 weeks before it was destroyed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 12:32:36 AM »

wow.....

Anyway, the Iron Dome has been awesome.  I think even the anti-Zionist can agree this is a very good thing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »

Egypt and (probably) Qatar put together an initial draft of a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas, Hamas says no.

They ain't done yet.  That don't have a blown up apartment building to show the world yet.  They've tried using old pictures and videos from Syria, but that's stupid and was quickly shown to be the bull sh**t it was.  I'm not sure why they try that tactic still....I guess it works on certain gullible segments in the west and the broader Muslim world that only see what they want to see or are happy to be lied to if the lie reinforces their world view.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:52 AM »

oh that reminds me
Anyway, the Iron Dome has been awesome.  I think even the anti-Zionist can agree this is a very good thing.
obviously the full on bigots aren't going to like the Iron Dome.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »

woosh?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies