Tennessee State and Local Politics (Two GOP gov. debates upcoming) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:18:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Tennessee State and Local Politics (Two GOP gov. debates upcoming) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tennessee State and Local Politics (Two GOP gov. debates upcoming)  (Read 20687 times)
crash1984
Rookie
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:13:45 PM »

Tennessee always seems to get some fruitcakes on the ballot for some reason. Yesterday in the governors race I nearly voted for Basil Marceaux.

Back when I was rather young there used to be this guy Dan Martino who was a street preacher and made national headlines by holding a sign at the 1988 Democrat convention saying "God is a Republican". There was one time he ran for sheriff and since he was the only Republican running he got the nomination. Even Republicans were saying to vote for the Democrat.

As far as how I voted yesterday I voted for Alexander, Haslam, Wamp, and to retain the justices. Honestly I really did not not like Wamp or Fleischmann and was not going to vote for either come November but I considered Wamp the lesser of two evils. Also there were some local races on the ballot and also a question about domestic partnership.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies