1916 Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1916 Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Many expect a coronation for Oscar the Great, but will it be so easy?
Farmer-Labor Party: President Oscar Underwood of Alabama and Senator John W. Kern of Indiana

Union Party: Fmr. Senator Elihu Root of New York and Senator John W. Weeks of Massachusetts

Bull-Moose Party: Senator William E. Borah of Idaho and Fmr. Governor Charles Evans Hughes of New York

Populist Party: Fmr. House Minority Leader Carter Glass of Virginia and Fmr. Governor Woodrow Wilson of New Jersey

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: 1916 Presidential Election  (Read 833 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 10, 2014, 03:07:29 PM »

Wow, guys. Some random dude no one cares about is beating the man who won the Civil War. I suppose we've got to keep up our trend of no party winning multiple elections in a row since 1904.

Meh, it keeps things interesting if the right wins sometimes.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:59:31 PM »

I imagine that this will be the election that makes Gallup Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »

This result will be a beaut' to explain.

You underestimate me, Mr. Supersonic. It was a tragedy for the Farmers-Laborers that the core of their party happened to be concentrated in the South and therefore was unable to vote in most of the Confederate states (except Arkansas and Texas, where the Army was able to quickly set up a functioning military government), effectively handing the election to the Northern Unionists, who suffered no such losses. It is also a tragedy that the left remains so divided - we've had that god-damned BMP around for far too long for certain people's tastes!

The Bull-Moose Party is actually doing quite well, so I don't think you can really argue for their elimination quite yet Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies