MS-PPP: Sen. Cochran (R) ahead by double-digits, many still undecided
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:17:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  MS-PPP: Sen. Cochran (R) ahead by double-digits, many still undecided
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MS-PPP: Sen. Cochran (R) ahead by double-digits, many still undecided  (Read 1310 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »

Q5 If the candidates for U.S. Senate this fall were Republican Thad Cochran, Democrat Travis Childers, and Reform Party candidate Shawn O’Hara, who would you vote for?

Thad Cochran ................................................. 40%
Travis Childers................................................ 24%
Shawn O'Hara ................................................ 5%
Undecided....................................................... 31%

Q6 Horse race, with O'Hara supporters asked whether they lean Cochran or Childers:

Thad Cochran ................................................. 41%
Travis Childers................................................ 26%
Not sure .......................................................... 33%

PPP surveyed 691 Mississippi voters overall and 501 Republican primary voters from
July 10th to 13th. The margin of error for the overall sample is +/-3.7% and for the
Republican primary voters it’s +/-4.4%. This poll was not paid for or authorized by any
campaign or political organization. PPP surveys are conducted through automated
telephone interviews.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2014/PPP_Release_MS_715.pdf
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »

Btw, Cochran leads the DINO Childers by 1 among Blacks (by 2 in the Reform-less matchup).
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »

Ha!  McDaniel's favorables are way down to, around 39/52.

Cochran's going to win the GE as a Democrat LOL
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »

Btw, Cochran leads the DINO Childers by 1 among Blacks (by 2 in the Reform-less matchup).
It would be interesting if Thad Cochran ends up winning more than a quarter of the black vote against Travis Childers.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »

It would be interesting if Thad Cochran ends up winning more than a quarter of the black vote against Travis Childers.

If the polls show a blowout before the election, the exit pollster might even skip MS and we'll never know.

Exit Pollsters these days have limited money too and as we saw in 2012, are not exit polling each state anymore ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »

PPP-tweet pretty much sums it up:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »

If the polls show a blowout before the election, the exit pollster might even skip MS and we'll never know.

Exit Pollsters these days have limited money too and as we saw in 2012, are not exit polling each state anymore ...

County results would still roughly tell the story.

Also, wow:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 03:42:23 PM »

Just for fun:

If you reset the black vote in this poll to 20% Cochran, 65% Childers, 15% Undecided (which would still be an unbelievably poor showing for Childers if that's what it looks like on Election Day), it becomes 34-34 dead heat with 28% undecided.

This may explain why Childers has gone on the stump for Obamacare. He's trying to bring the black vote back into his column and then hope McDaniel does the rest of the work for him.
GaussLaw
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »

Just for fun:

If you reset the black vote in this poll to 20% Cochran, 65% Childers, 15% Undecided (which would still be an unbelievably poor showing for Childers if that's what it looks like on Election Day), it becomes 34-34 dead heat with 28% undecided.

This may explain why Childers has gone on the stump for Obamacare. He's trying to bring the black vote back into his column and then hope McDaniel does the rest of the work for him.

Do you believe Childers has any serious chance at winning?

I cannot see McDaniel voters casting a ballot for a Democrat.  I just can't.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »

Cochran's approval is 60% among people who say they are very liberal? I don't think Mississippians know what very liberal means.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »

Just for fun:

No, but they can decide to not vote for Cochran either. Nobody is forcing them to make a choice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »

Just for fun:

I think the hope is that they stay home, write him in, or vote third party. Most of them will come back to Cochran in the end though.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »

Just for fun:

Cochran will almost certainly win. Childers' chances are on the order of Gillespie's or Bellows' at best. The only way Childers could win is if the McDanielites make good on their threat not to vote for Cochran, either by staying home, voting for O'Hara, or voting Childers. Surely they won't, but you just can't put anything past those loons.

There's nothing Childers can do to encourage this, I don't think. It's entirely out of his hands.

However, even if that were to happen, Childers would still lose unless he gets the typical black showing for a Mississippi Democrat. That's why I speculate Childers is going after the Republicans for not expanding Medicaid. He's got to get the black vote back in his column just in case the Tea Party decides to spitefully burn the house down.
GaussLaw
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »

Just for fun:

Cochran will almost certainly win. Childers' chances are on the order of Gillespie's or Bellows' at best. The only way Childers could win is if the McDanielites make good on their threat not to vote for Cochran, either by staying home, voting for O'Hara, or voting Childers. Surely they won't, but you just can't put anything past those loons.

There's nothing Childers can do to encourage this, I don't think. It's entirely out of his hands.

However, even if that were to happen, Childers would still lose unless he gets the typical black showing for a Mississippi Democrat. That's why I speculate Childers is going after the Republicans for not expanding Medicaid. He's got to get the black vote back in his column just in case the Tea Party decides to spitefully burn the house down.

Sounds about right. 

But honestly, Childers is basically cashless, so will blacks even get his message?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies