CO-Quinnipiac: Gardner (R) by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Gardner (R) by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Gardner (R) by 2  (Read 2701 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:13:17 AM »

44% Gardner (R)
42% Udall (D)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

From July 10 - 14, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,147 registered voters with a margin of error of +/- 2.9 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/colorado/release-detail?ReleaseID=2060
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:47:09 AM »

These results, especially for an RV poll, are all over the place. Either this or the Marist poll were tinkered with.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:55:44 AM »

Let's wait for PPP, which is polling this weekend.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2014, 09:02:37 AM by Night Man »

These results, especially for an RV poll, are all over the place. Either this or the Marist poll were tinkered with.

Let's wait for PPP, which is polling this weekend.

This and That.

This is Schrodinger's race. Until the election is taking place, both Democrats are losing because of Guns, Obamacare and Big Oil or Republicans are losing because of Abortion, Gays, Pot,
Immigration and Big Oil.

On the whole, I think if the Gardner wins, his race will be called after the senate is called.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »

^ Perhaps we should wait for PPP, but CO seems like one of those states with iffy polling regardless of the pollster. Still, the fact that the recent polls of this Senate race are erratic definitely indicates that this will be a very competitive race. It's interesting that Gardner holds an overall lead in this poll despite losing the Independent vote.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »

^ Perhaps we should wait for PPP, but CO seems like one of those states with iffy polling regardless of the pollster. Still, the fact that the recent polls of this Senate race are erratic definitely indicates that this will be a very competitive race. It's interesting that Gardner holds an overall lead in this poll despite losing the Independent vote.

..and that he is losing the crossover vote, too. Is this poll relying on many missing liberal voters come election day? I know they have a tendency to forget to vote but..
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 09:07:13 AM »

Cohn noted a couple of days ago that CO polls have been off by an average of 3 in statewide races since '08. Not that there's a huge difference between Gardner +2 and Udall +1 at this point.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 09:22:15 AM »

Cohn noted a couple of days ago that CO polls have been off by an average of 3 in statewide races since '08. Not that there's a huge difference between Gardner +2 and Udall +1 at this point.

This could mean that Gardner might be ahead by 7 or Udall by 10.

What were they off by 2010 and 2012?

Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:45 AM »

..and that he is losing the crossover vote, too. Is this poll relying on many missing liberal voters come election day? I know they have a tendency to forget to vote but..

Yeah, I kind of thought that was suspect.

If PPP has this race within the MoE for either candidate, should we call this a pure tossup? I still think that Democrats have the edge in this race with Udall, but it seems like his advantage is deteriorating.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 09:24:26 AM »

Enten says neither Marist nor Q has a good record. Kraushaar says that both campaigns' internals have a MOE race.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Udall has a gender gap, ahead 47/34 on "issues important to women" and 40/34 on abortion. Gardner has to close that, otherwise still Tilt D IMO.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »

Udall will win. Polls in Colorado are garbage and over-estimate Republicans (Quinnipiac said Romney would win by 1; he lost by 6).
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »

Udall will win. Polls in Colorado are garbage and over-estimate Republicans (Quinnipiac said Romney would win by 1; he lost by 6).

So for polls otherwise this massively close, you're saying Udall will win by more than 7 because apparently that poll overestimated Gardner? I smell a goose in the henhouse.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:29 AM »

I don't get the fetish with PPP. They are proven left leaning and do predominately RV, yet everyone here says they are the end all be all authority.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

LV polls in July are stupid. No one is paying attention to politics until September. RV polls right now are perfectly fine.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »

LV polls in July are stupid. No one is paying attention to politics until September. RV polls right now are perfectly fine.

You're missing my point and attacking a side remark. How can you see most polls show them beating the crap out of each other, but then one poll shows up, shows Udall up by 7, and still say Colorado polls overestimate Republicans?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »

You're missing my point and attacking a side remark. How can you see most polls show them beating the crap out of each other, but then one poll shows up, shows Udall up by 7, and still say Colorado polls overestimate Republicans?

I will give you that the claim that Democrats were oversampled turned out to be BS in 2012. Maybe the opposite will be true in 2014, but there are limits.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 11:02:35 AM »

Udall has a gender gap, ahead 47/34 on "issues important to women" and 40/34 on abortion. Gardner has to close that, otherwise still Tilt D IMO.

Gardner does need to close that gender gap to a degree, but I suspect he could still lose women by quite a bit and still win this election. According to exit polls, Ken Buck lost women by 16 points. At this point, I don't see why Gardner would do that poorly with this demographic. If Gardner could lose women by less than 10-12 points, I think he has a fighting chance at defeating Udall, but if he can't, I agree that this race stays Tilt D.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »

Yeah, I kind of thought that was suspect.

If PPP has this race within the MoE for either candidate, should we call this a pure tossup? I still think that Democrats have the edge in this race with Udall, but it seems like his advantage is deteriorating.

I'd say this race was already a pure toss up as soon as Gardner jumped in.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 10:16:04 AM »

I don't get the fetish with PPP. They are proven left leaning and do predominately RV, yet everyone here says they are the end all be all authority.

PPP was the most accurate pollster in 2012.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

PPP was the most accurate pollster in 2012.

Exactly. Unless you've got the blinders on, the obvious choice is to defer to the pollster with the best track record--whether or not they have ties to one party or another.

Yes, PPP has been hired to do polling for Democratic candidates (and Bill Maher). No, it doesn't seem to have any affect on their publicized results.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »

This poll is garbage, look at the party registration figures and you'll find the explanation for Q's "movement".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:33 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2014, 07:19:28 PM by Night Man »

This poll is garbage, look at the party registration figures and you'll find the explanation for Q's "movement".
What is the PVR for this poll?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »

I just saw a Democrat from Idaho. I now believe in unicorns.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

I just saw a Democrat from Idaho. I now believe in unicorns.
Don't worry, there are plenty more, Obama got 36% of the vote in ID in 2008.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies