How does the White Gay Cis Male vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:54:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the White Gay Cis Male vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the White Gay Cis Male vote?  (Read 2245 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: July 18, 2014, 06:07:32 AM »

69% Democrat
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

I actually stand by my initial projection (it wasn't entirely in jest). I'll just say this: throughout all of my socializing locally, I've never met one Republican gay male - and I live in one of the most Republican regions in the country. Anecdotal, I know...but considering how often I discuss politics with those who want to and those who don't, I really think I'd have stumbled across one by now if the national numbers were anywhere close to majority-Republican. Based on some of the assertions I've seen above, something like two-thirds of gay males in my city would be Republican.

In the city, it's a different story. There are plenty of rich gay males who vote Republican - Atlanta is filled with them. I'd actually love to do a poll; I bet you'd find that gays in urban areas are more Republican (maybe even majority?) than gays in rural or suburban areas (due to wealth/less likelihood of experiencing overt discrimination from Republicans and the public at-large).

I'll also generalize a bit in saying that due to less cultural and social machismo, there's probably not anywhere near as big of a divide between male and female political persuasion in the LG community. Gay men are likely in the high 60s (D) and gay women in the high 70s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies