How does the White Gay Cis Male vote? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:35:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How does the White Gay Cis Male vote? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How does the White Gay Cis Male vote?  (Read 2228 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: July 19, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »

I'm gay and I don't think I've met a gay Republican.  Maybe I have, but nothing comes to mind.  I suppose gay men don't necessarily fit into the whole gender gap assumption or some of the white voter assumption.  The whole dude bro attitude that produces Republican voting out of contempt for weak people doesn't really exist among gay men.  Gay men understand what it's like to be hated for being different and we're a persecuted group.  We often sympathize more with women than straight men when it comes to social and culture issues.  I also think being persecuted makes you more liberal in general.  Having that life experience makes you less hateful and more empathic towards other people.  That's really at odds with being a Republican.

This is the opposite of a citation to empirical data, but my impression is that it's very cultural dependent and it depends what you mean ostracized. 

In the more machismo based cultures, like African Americans and Mexicans I think being a gay man is a much bigger taboo.  You see a lot more open lesbians than open gay men among black people for sure. 

The other thing is that lesbians are probably less likely to be assaulted for being gay in general just because it's more socially acceptable to attack a man on the street for no reason.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies