What is a School Day?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:45:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is a School Day?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is a School Day?  (Read 271 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 27, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »
« edited: November 27, 2022, 07:39:12 PM by v0031 »

Dear students,
We have some interesting and fun things for you this term. On September 21st, we have a school trip in the afternoon.October is a great month. On the 12th and the1Sth, we have two ball games, soccer and volleyball.School Day is on October 22nd. Your parents can come to our school. Next month, we have an art festival. It's on November 3rd. We have an English party on November 30th. And on December 3rd, we have a book salein the school library.
This is a really busy term! Have a good time!
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 09:46:24 PM »

In North America, we usually have Parent-Teacher School Night, where the teachers stay at the school in the evening and the parents come to meet the teachers to discuss their children's school progress.

I'm not sure what you would call a day where the school is open for parents to visit. What are the parents doing at the school? Will they attend classes? Will they meet with the teachers to discuss their children's progress while the children play outside? More context may be needed.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »

I'm more curious what an "English party" is.  Sounds like something your Amish father would disapprove of.
v0031
China
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 07:46:21 PM »

I'm more curious what an "English party" is.  Sounds like something your Amish father would disapprove of.

It seems you know little about China. A great number of rich Chinese, have better English and more-American lifestyle than Americans.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 11:14:03 PM »

A great number of rich Chinese, have better English and more-American lifestyle than Americans.
oh yeah?  That's amazing!  Are there other ways in which wealthy Chinese are envious of regular Americans?
v0031
China
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 12:01:06 AM »

No, they enjoy more human rights than you.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 01:58:34 AM »

LMAO
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 07:04:32 AM »

that's interesting.  See, we get a different view of China than this.  Here, we are told that poor Chinese in the country can't even move to the city without getting some paperwork first.  We are told there is only one party to vote for.  I've heard private gun ownership is basically impossible.  There are videos on the news of people upset about lock downs fighting with cops in Hazmat suit and riot gear, they must be fake or from somewhere else I guess 'cause the PRC has more human rights that the US.  So you are free to call your Dear Leader Winnie the Pooh despite it angering the little bitch?  We sure hear a lot of lies about the PRC over here, I'm glad v00031 is here to set us straight.
v0031
China
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 06:27:20 PM »

If you want to know the truth of a coutry, learn its language, otherwise, you know by being told.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 07:19:22 AM »

sure sure, but I'd like to be told about how the people living inside the PRC have more human rights than me.  What are some examples of that?  For example, if I Google "gun control in the PRC" I get this
In the People's Republic of China, access by the general public to firearms is subject to some of the strictest control measures in the world. With the exception of individuals with hunting permits and some ethnic minorities, civilian firearm ownership is restricted to non-individual entities.
does that read differently in Mandarin?  Or if I google this "press freedom in the PRC" I get this
The Constitution of the People's Republic of China guarantees "freedom of speech [and] of the press" which the government in practice routinely violates with total impunity, according to Reporters Without Borders.
is that wrong?  Do I need to learn Mandarin to understand why having fewer rights means you actually have better human rights?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 07:28:58 AM »

I'm more curious what an "English party" is.  Sounds like something your Amish father would disapprove of.

A great number of rich Chinese, have better English ....... than Americans.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies