Democratic Nomination for President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:43:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democratic Nomination for President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Democratic Nomination for President  (Read 18876 times)
JNB

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2003, 08:40:25 PM »

The game plan that would get Democrats a victory is a campaign that has its main focus on economic issues, running as a economic populist, while at the same time, keeping the focus on economic issues, while at the same time de push social issues that have hurt Democrats in states such as MO and WVA, and have the potential to sink Democrats in WI and IA.

The perfect canidate for Democrats, lets call  him Canidate X. He would not be from the Midwest, he would have a long history with private industry unions. He would not be known for his stands on economic rather than social issues, on social issues he would be somwhat liberal, but at the same time, not far left and he would if need be avoid these issues in the general election. He would not have a whiff of elitisim about him, and on military issues, he would be cautious, but not a "peace & justice" type, and his record would be as such.

Such a canidate would put Bush on the defensive in states like WVA, MO and OH and AR. Now who comes closest to Canidate X?
Deltabgjim

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2003, 04:52:41 AM »

Foriegn Policy debates and ones with the military favor the GOP.  The GOP has always been strong on defense whereas the Dems are immediately remembered with the 60's peace movement.

Reagan, Bush 41 were both tough on defense and you felt safe.  I'll never forget the quick strike on Libya, and how much have you heard of Khdafi since?

Carter flubbed up and got balmed for Iran and Clinton just ignored attack after attack, which is coming to light.  PLus he could have been handed OBL by Nigeria and said no.  SIGH.

Actually, I've heard a LOT about Qadafi since the 80s. He managed to pull off much worse terroristic hijinks. Of course, lately, it looks like QUIET BRITISH DIPLOMACY got Qadafi to start to come round to normality.

Incidentally, the revolution happened in Iran because of Reza Shah Pahlavi (Hitler's friend) and Mohammad Reza Shah, corrupt monarchs aided into power by the US. Khomeini and his ilk created the Islamic Republic, and some really terrible backlash broke out against American embassy staff. Not really Carter's fault. Man did everything possible to get them freed, and they were let go on Reagan's inauguration day as a slap in the face to Carter.
Clinton was never offered bin Laden by the Nigerians. Get your lies straight. It was Sudan, and the offer was made by a Sudanese-American businessman who promised he could convince the Sudanese government to turn over bin Laden for a substantial sum of cash and a promise to lift sanctions on Sudan (a state sponsor of slavery). The Clinton State Department tried to verify this offer, but it turned out to be a hoax.

No, I didn't feel safer during the Reagan years. I was scared of a nuclear holocaust. Reagan was building like mad, but Gorbachev at least was smart enough to know how the arms race would kill the Soviet Union.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2003, 06:52:32 AM »

Moore is in favour of Clark because he thinks that Clark is the candidate most likely to beat Bush.
And because of Dean's stance on Gun control...
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2003, 11:49:28 AM »

Moore is in favour of Clark because he thinks that Clark is the candidate most likely to beat Bush.
Cool. I can only hope that DEMS that enjoy Moore's satire will come around to Clark.
DarthKosh

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2003, 02:28:22 PM »

Cool. I can only hope that DEMS that enjoy Moore's satire will come around to Clark.

You mean his satire that he passes as truth?
jravnsbo

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2003, 12:03:02 AM »

Sweden can have him if they like, no loss to America.  Maybe we can have him make an Alec Baldwin like promise ( which he never kept- damn!)

I wouldn't brag about having Michael Moore on my side.  The man is out of control and I'd feel pretty safe to bet that the majority of Americans (the few who actually know who he is) do not like him.

He is very loved in Sweden though!
jravnsbo

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2003, 12:05:41 AM »

Dean will have huge problems in the South and MT West, greatly reducing the electoral map and making him play defense most of the time.  Plus Dean will kill dem candidates for congress.

Please nominate Dean!

Dean should win the north and the north east coast but may have problems in the south.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2003, 12:06:37 PM »

You mean his satire that he passes as truth?
It's all about perception isn't it. Politics are mere perception strategies/tactics to seduce the populace one way or another or somewhere on the spectrum.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies