MT: Gravis: Bush leads Clinton by 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MT: Gravis: Bush leads Clinton by 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT: Gravis: Bush leads Clinton by 10  (Read 1836 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »

Article.

Jeb Bush (R)- 49%
Hillary Clinton (D)- 39%
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 07:42:24 PM »

I would assume Montana wouldn't be too friendly to Clinton, especially after seeing her Colorado poll numbers.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »

I would assume Montana wouldn't be too friendly to Clinton, especially after seeing her Colorado poll numbers.

I'm kind of thinking along those lines too. The West seems to be Clinton's soft spot, especially now that we have newer polls from states like Florida showing her doing quite well for a Democrat.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »

I'm kind of thinking along those lines too. The West seems to be Clinton's soft spot, especially now that we have newer polls from states like Florida showing her doing quite well for a Democrat.

It's hard to see Clinton winning Florida by 20 while losing Montana and Colorado.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:11:57 PM »

It's hard to see Clinton winning Florida by 20 while losing Montana and Colorado.
Stranger things have happened though. I was always under the impression that the West is somewhat of a weak spot for Hillary Clinton while certain areas of the South (like Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas and Georgia) were some of the places that she is relatively strong in when compared to Obama.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »

I was always under the impression that the West is somewhat of a weak spot for Hillary Clinton while certain areas of the South (like Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas and Georgia) were some of the places that she is relatively strong in when compared to Obama.

Florida is only Hillary's 11th best state so far, relatively speaking (of the 29 states having been polled to date), while Montana is only her 13th worst state (of the same pool of 29 states). In other words, both Florida and Montana have seen fairly generic trends away from Obama 2012 so far. Montana has only improved 1% for her, while Florida has improved by almost 5%. Other Southern states show much bigger swings than Florida, despite Florida's demographic being an almost perfect fit for her (but I guess they weren't too bad for Obama either).
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »

If I were Hillary I would be getting quite concerned about having the same fate as Gore.  That's a lot of extra votes in CA/NY/FL that she needs more in CO/IA/NH.
JRP1994

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 05:28:24 PM »

If I were Hillary I would be getting quite concerned about having the same fate as Gore.  That's a lot of extra votes in CA/NY/FL that she needs more in CO/IA/NH.

If she crushes in FL, then she really doesn't need CO, IA, or NH.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »

Exactly. Tongue Better to have 29 EVs secured than just 19 EVs. Tongue
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 05:47:36 PM »

Only 10?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »

Exactly. Tongue Better to have 29 EVs secured than just 19 EVs. Tongue

I guess that's a fair point.  This is a Dem win:

So the Republican has to win PA and one of MI/MN/WI, plus all the other traditional swing states if Hillary has FL leaning her way.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:12 PM »

If Hillary is winning nationally, she isn't going to lose NH (I don't think she'd lose Iowa either but it's more conceivable). NH, CO, and IA are all volatile states with weird/bad polling. Obama underpolled in all three, and he was a better fit in the latter two.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:23 PM »

Bill won it in 1992, fwiw Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies