The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The last movie you've seen thread 2016 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The last movie you've seen thread 2016  (Read 56522 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 25, 2014, 06:07:47 PM »

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last Monday.  I don't recommend shelling out the extra for the 3D version as while it wasn't bad 3D, it didn't really add anything.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »

Exodus: Gods and Kings  2 or 2½ stars out of 4

Saw it last weekend. As to be expected with Biblical blockbusters these days, it took some liberties with the source material, but it wasn't nearly as egregious about it as Noah was. Definitely recommend watching in 3D if you go see it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »

the fact that Aragorn is apparently already a Ranger of the North at the age of like eight or something.

Ten, if you go by Tolkien's timeline, but I won't begrudge the decision to have him be a bit older unless it leads to an Aragorn and Legolas film, or even a worse a film in which Tauriel ends up trying to pick up Aragorn on the rebound, leading to a catfight with Arwen.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 04:47:32 AM »

Paddington.  Definitely aimed towards the kids, but adults should prove entertained by it as well and worth watching even if you don't have a kid to see it with.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:03:27 AM »

Saw Zootopia this past weekend. Enjoyed very much despite being heavy handed with the Chekhov guns. Should easily win the Oscar for best animated movie, but doubt nomination in the overall category. Oscar doesn't give the big prize to films with a sense of humor.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »

The Accountant a couple weeks ago.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 04:10:46 AM »

Trolls - It's a good family flick that's worth borrowing a kid if going with one is the only way you can justify to yourself going to an animated musical. Not an Oscar contender, but a good solid effort.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 08:59:01 AM »

Until very recently I didn't know what Hacksaw Ridge actually was. I assumed based on the title that it was some sort of Wes Craven- or Rob Zombie-style horror flick, and I like horror but not that kind of horror so I didn't have any interest in seeing it. Then all my Catholic friends started talking it up as this incredible drama and I looked it up and found out what it's really about. Shame I missed it.
It's still in the theaters, albeit just barely. We've got one theatre here with one evening showing, and we're hardly a hotbed of cinema here in the Midlands.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies