1000+ riot police evict punks, anarchists & leftists from occupied Vienna house
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:40:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  1000+ riot police evict punks, anarchists & leftists from occupied Vienna house
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1000+ riot police evict punks, anarchists & leftists from occupied Vienna house  (Read 596 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:41:59 PM »

1 police officer was moderately injured when an occupier dropped a TV-set onto him from a window.

Pictures:

More pics:

http://derstandard.at/2000003621622/Pizzeria-Anarchia-Die-Raeumung-in-Bildern
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »

Holy crap those people HATE the environment.  Throwing paint, burning tires and plastics, making a general mess.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »

When the occupiers started to piss and - no joke - throw their sh*t out of the windows, the police decided to bring in their water cannons:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »

The background of this thing is hilarious too:

3 years ago, the property owner (a real-estate agency) wanted to renovate and sell their property.

But 1 old retired couple refused to move out of the building.

Then the real-estate agency - no joke - invited the punks to move into their property to scare away the remaining old couple.

The old couple didn't move out though, but became supporters of the punks and left-wingers and even went shopping for them and provided them with stuff they needed.

So, the house was occupied for the past 3 years.

Now, with immigration to Vienna booming (last year, the city grew by 30.000 people), the real-estate prices went up like crap and the agency wants to badly renovate and sell it for a nice share.

They applied for eviction and the police removed them today, a process which lasted more than 12 hours, because the occupiers blocked the entry with stuff and also the first 2 floors of the building and threw stuff out of the window. The police had to remove all the blocked stuff and make their way into the 3rd floor, where they arrested all the occupiers in the last hours ... Tongue

Don't know though what happens with the old couple now ... Wink
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »

So who pays for this?  I'm sure the nutters are either one step away from actual money (ie, daddy is paying the way) or are destitute so no funds there.  The old couple is right out.  Since the real estate company invited the nutters in in the first place they should at least be paying a bit, but I'm guessing the tax payer is going to get boned as is the norm.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 01:36:46 PM »

So who pays for this?  I'm sure the nutters are either one step away from actual money (ie, daddy is paying the way) or are destitute so no funds there.  The old couple is right out.  Since the real estate company invited the nutters in in the first place they should at least be paying a bit, but I'm guessing the tax payer is going to get boned as is the norm.

The "Kurier" newspaper estimates that the police operation will cost ca. 700.000€ (1 million $).

The taxpayer will usually have to pay this stuff, but I wouldn't rule out that this thing goes to court.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:37:58 PM »

Tender Branson succeed in something I never thought possible, making me support (political) squatters. The real estate company should end up paying for the police cleaning their sh**t.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »

Tender Branson succeed in something I never thought possible, making me support (political) squatters. The real estate company should end up paying for the police cleaning their sh**t.

Yepp, the real-estate company should definitely have to pay a big share of the police costs, because they all started it. Without their scare-tactics to invite the punks in the first place, they would have never created the mess.

The real FF are the old renter couple though, who stayed in the house on their cheap rental contracts, despite all the pressure from the company ... Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »

1 police officer was moderately injured when an occupier dropped a TV-set onto him from a window.

So mom was right when she said being too close to a TV set could harm me!
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »

Leftists behaving like savages, as usual.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies