CT-Vox Populi (R): Gov. Malloy (D) up 1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CT-Vox Populi (R): Gov. Malloy (D) up 1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CT-Vox Populi (R): Gov. Malloy (D) up 1  (Read 1273 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:19:45 AM »

35% Malloy (D)
34% Foley (R)
  3% Pelto (I)

The poll has a 4.2 percent margin of error and 443 interviews were conducted on landlines, while 107 were conducted using mobile-based survey technology. All interviews were conducted July 27 and July 28.

http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/poll_in_three_way_contest_malloy_foley_within_margin_of_error
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »

Junk too many undecideds this far out.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

The analysis is fair, but the numbers are a joke.
NHLiberal

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »

Agreed that this is a joke poll, but coming from someone who thought Foley was going to win and wanted him to win until yesterday, you're going to have to accept that Malloy very well may be up in the next legitimate poll we get. I think Foley's comments were a bigger deal than you're making them out to be.
NickCT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »

Agreed that this is a joke poll, but coming from someone who thought Foley was going to win and wanted him to win until yesterday, you're going to have to accept that Malloy very well may be up in the next legitimate poll we get. I think Foley's comments were a bigger deal than you're making them out to be.

I think you're wrong -- they've barely got any coverage outside of this forum.  NYT/CBS has a poll showing Foley up by 9% ... I can't link, but: WFSB.com and then go to Politics
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »

I think you're wrong -- they've barely got any coverage outside of this forum.  NYT/CBS has a poll showing Foley up by 9% ... I can't link, but: WFSB.com and then go to Politics

This. It may be a douche thing to say, but it is an obscure thing that only junkies like us would care about. Hell, there's only ONE news story about it. Malloy may take a MoE lead; I never said it would be easy. Ultimately, I still think Foley will squeak by.
NHLiberal

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:50:11 PM »

That was from before the press conference. Like I said, I was fully convinced that Foley would win and certainly wanted him to as well. So this isn't bias talking, it's realism. A gaffe like this matters more in a state where the challenger from the minority party is being given a chance by otherwise majority party voters; they need a lot less of a reason to switch back to who they'd instinctually be supporting in the first place.

Trust me, I still hope Foley is able to win, but I'm a lot less optimistic than before. I had it as a toss-up then, and I'm leaving it as a toss-up, but it definitely goes from a tilting R tossup to a tilting D tossup.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »

That was from before the press conference. Like I said, I was fully convinced that Foley would win and certainly wanted him to as well. So this isn't bias talking, it's realism. A gaffe like this matters more in a state where the challenger from the minority party is being given a chance by otherwise majority party voters; they need a lot less of a reason to switch back to who they'd instinctually be supporting in the first place.

Trust me, I still hope Foley is able to win, but I'm a lot less optimistic than before. I had it as a toss-up then, and I'm leaving it as a toss-up, but it definitely goes from a tilting R tossup to a tilting D tossup.

I think you're retracting your sides a bit too trigger-happily. Foley could very well still win it and is still an alright candidate. An obscure quote is really all it takes to retract an endorsement? In that case, Hillary defending a child molester and joking about it would derail this whole forum.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »

Haha, even before Foley's campaign destroying gaff he was losing.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »

Haha, even before Foley's campaign destroying gaff he was losing.

Now THIS is bias talking.
NHLiberal

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »

I think you're retracting your sides a bit too trigger-happily. Foley could very well still win it and is still an alright candidate. An obscure quote is really all it takes to retract an endorsement? In that case, Hillary defending a child molester and joking about it would derail this whole forum.

See bold. I haven't retracted my endorsement, and I fully acknowledge that he can still win. I'm just saying that it changes things. We'll see how much.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »

See bold. I haven't retracted my endorsement, and I fully acknowledge that he can still win. I'm just saying that it changes things. We'll see how much.

Fair enough. Between you and Gass, at least YOURE being objective
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »

New Poll: Connecticut Governor by Vox Populi Polling on 2014-07-28

Summary: D: 35%, R: 34%, U: 27%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: