IL-Mellman Group (D): Quinn's internal shows him losing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:34:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  IL-Mellman Group (D): Quinn's internal shows him losing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Mellman Group (D): Quinn's internal shows him losing  (Read 684 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:02 AM »

The poll of 600 people, taken by Quinn’s pollster Mark Mellman of the Mellman Group from July 27 to 29, shows Quinn at 38 percent, GOP candidate Bruce Rauner at 39 percent and 23 percent of voters undecided. The poll’s margin of error is plus or minus 5 percentage points.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/29100133-452/sneed-quinn-poll-shows-gov-rauner-neck-and-neck.html
JRP1994

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »

If Quinn's own campaign's internal poll shows him down 1, he's probably down by as much as 7. Not calling this race "Leans R" at this point would be hackish.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

Eventhough, it shows him down, I'll take it.

Rauner is too conservative for the state. He wants to lower the taxes, but doesnt want a min wage hike. Like Walker, like Scott. They may be defeated.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »

Eventhough, it shows him down, I'll take it.

Rauner is too conservative for the state. He wants to lower the taxes, but doesnt want a min wage hike. Like Walker, like Scott. They may be defeated.
Behold! Pat Quinn's very own Adam Fitz!
sg0508
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

Internal polls are worthless because polls are theoretically supposed to eliminate bias.  Why bother with this? I do believe Quinn pulls it out in Nov (given the huge "coming home" effect of Democrats in Cooke), but internal polls are the biggest bunch of nonense.  If his internal is showing him down 1 (even by statistica analysis), then I can near guarantee you he's down somewhere around 10 pts right now, which is where other polls are showing the race at as we speak.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:51 PM »

Internal polls are worthless because polls are theoretically supposed to eliminate bias.  Why bother with this? I do believe Quinn pulls it out in Nov (given the huge "coming home" effect of Democrats in Cooke), but internal polls are the biggest bunch of nonense.  If his internal is showing him down 1 (even by statistica analysis), then I can near guarantee you he's down somewhere around 10 pts right now, which is where other polls are showing the race at as we speak.

Not necessarily true, Mellman had Ginnoulias down by 1 to kirk, and he lost by a similar margin.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

What other polls? The only pollster that shows this race as a blowout is WAA.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »

This poll is registered voters, so it will be more favorable to Quinn than the other recent polls which are likely voter screens. Results won't be as D as an RV poll, but could be less R than an LV poll depending on the type of screen. One problem in 2012 was the effect of LV screens that missed turnout from apathetic but solid Ds. Many pollsters have modified those screens for this year, but it remains to be seen if they can catch the correct shift from an RV poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies