Democratic Nomination for President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democratic Nomination for President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Nomination for President  (Read 18923 times)
jravnsbo

« on: December 15, 2003, 04:34:37 PM »

gotta say Dean.  Gephardt would be second guess though.  Others could quit now and no one would care less.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 10:02:09 AM »

Why if he wins Cali will he wint he election?? Gore didn't.  Bush doesn't need Cali to win.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 10:04:06 AM »

Why is Dean seen as a liberal, someone asked.

Wants tax increases on EVERYONE!

Supports Civil Unions, even signing it into law

Is ANTI WAR

Wants more regulations on Business

jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 10:05:35 AM »

For all the clark supporters an honest question.  How does he get the nomination what state does he break through in?  Are other candidates knocked out first, such as Gephardt in IA and kerry in NH, would that be better or worse for Clark.

Ask this all over and no Clark supporters ever give an answer.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 04:51:58 PM »

He got 3 votes, so I thought I would ask.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 12:16:39 AM »

Thought I'd ask as I said I ask in other forums and no Clark supporters have a clue.  They just try ot change the subject.
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 03:49:53 PM »

No shaking here.  Economy is coming up, situation is getting better in IRaq.  Bush is getting legislation passed that he promised.  Bush is also keeping the base happy with Judges and PBA.  

Bush is definately on the upswing.  And Clark still, STILL hasn't made a lot of his positions known on domestic issues, he just always changes the subject to foriegn policy.  I know that is his strength, but come on.
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 12:06:15 AM »

Kerry will be gone after NH.  He is doing very poorly int eh Feb 3 contests and got outflanked ont eh left by Dean.  The liberal base did not like his stand ont he war.  

Should be a fun convention iN Boston, MAss.  Kerry's home state and a big party for Dean.

I do agree Dean will hurt the Dem party and swing them HARD LEFT.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 10:01:27 AM »

Foriegn Policy debates and ones with the military favor the GOP.  The GOP has always been strong on defense whereas the Dems are immediately remembered with the 60's peace movement.

Reagan, Bush 41 were both tough on defense and you felt safe.  I'll never forget the quick strike on Libya, and how much have you heard of Khdafi since?

Carter flubbed up and got balmed for Iran and Clinton just ignored attack after attack, which is coming to light.  PLus he could have been handed OBL by Nigeria and said no.  SIGH.

jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 05:06:50 PM »

For you Gephardt fans:

The Gephardt campaign announced this morning that former House Whip David Bonior (D-Mich.) will formally endorse Gephardt today and begin serving as the campaign's national co-chairman.
jravnsbo

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2003, 02:48:06 PM »

Edwards should have waited till 2008, but not sure if he could get reelected to the Senate.  So much like Braun in IL, who got beat for reelection and is running.

Can't win in the home state, so hey lets run nationwide.
jravnsbo

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 01:02:33 PM »

Good another out of touch liberal endorsement for Dean, good.  
jravnsbo

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 12:03:02 AM »

Sweden can have him if they like, no loss to America.  Maybe we can have him make an Alec Baldwin like promise ( which he never kept- damn!)

I wouldn't brag about having Michael Moore on my side.  The man is out of control and I'd feel pretty safe to bet that the majority of Americans (the few who actually know who he is) do not like him.

He is very loved in Sweden though!
jravnsbo

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 12:05:41 AM »

Dean will have huge problems in the South and MT West, greatly reducing the electoral map and making him play defense most of the time.  Plus Dean will kill dem candidates for congress.

Please nominate Dean!

Dean should win the north and the north east coast but may have problems in the south.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies