WI: Rasmussen: Burke about even with Walker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:01:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WI: Rasmussen: Burke about even with Walker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Rasmussen: Burke about even with Walker  (Read 3007 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 15, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

Lean R/Lean D!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

Marquette is the best pollster when it comes to Wisconsin, but unless they find Burke with a larger lead or other pollsters (PPP, Quinnipac, SUSA) find Burke up, still tilt/lean R.

Every single poll since April has shown either a 1 point Walker lead, a tie, or 1 point Burke lead. This race is the definition of toss up. To call it "lean R" is completely nonsensical.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »

Marquette is the best pollster when it comes to Wisconsin, but unless they find Burke with a larger lead or other pollsters (PPP, Quinnipac, SUSA) find Burke up, still tilt/lean R.

Every single poll since April has shown either a 1 point Walker lead, a tie, or 1 point Burke lead. This race is the definition of toss up. To call it "lean R" is completely nonsensical.

It's Lean R in my opinion because Walker won in a recall election. It's not crazy to think he'll win a General Election.

It's not crazy to think he'll win. It's crazy to think he has a strong advantage since all evidence points to the contrary. Barrett was a weak candidate, and the exit poll overwhelmingly showed that voters thought recalls should only be used for official misconduct, not because people disliked their policies. That padded Walker's margin as well.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:07:46 PM »

It's learn R because the fundamentals favor Walker. Obama is unpopular, it's a midterm, and Democratic turnout will be down. If the race were tied going into election day, he'd be my bet.

But the fundamentals are already baked into the polls. In fact, Marquette's LV screen showed Burke doing better among LVs than RVs. I'd probably narrowly give the win to Walker as well if I had to predict, but his slight advantage is not really worthy of the "lean" label, at least in my opinion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:34:06 PM »

It's Lean R in my opinion because Walker won in a recall election. It's not crazy to think he'll win a General Election.

It's not crazy to think he'll win. It's crazy to think he has a strong advantage since all evidence points to the contrary. Barrett was a weak candidate, and the exit poll overwhelmingly showed that voters thought recalls should only be used for official misconduct, not because people disliked their policies. That padded Walker's margin as well.
Lean R =/= a strong advantage. It means he's a slight favorite.

Depends on one's definition of the term. I could see this being described as "lean R" if one refuses to ever use the term "toss up".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies