Feingold backed by progressives. Bill O`Reilly will hate him then (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:15:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Feingold backed by progressives. Bill O`Reilly will hate him then (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feingold backed by progressives. Bill O`Reilly will hate him then  (Read 4523 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 06, 2005, 01:01:55 PM »

It has a larger audience than any other news network. Try again.

Good marketing and appealing to stupid people doesn't make Fox a good source of news.

true, but then again it is a damn good purveyor of government and corporate propaganda that creates people like A18.  that's where its real worth comes in.  consider the survey done a year ago right before the election (i think it was Pew Research) which compared people who watched Fox with those who watched PBS and other networks with their knowledge of foreign affairs, especially in regard to the run-up to the Iraq War, and whether Saddam Hussein was ever connected with Al Qaeda.  those who watched Fox almost exclusively were the least well-informed. 

i'll provide you the survey as soon as i get it, just to underline my point.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:37:20 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2005, 01:44:09 AM by Frodo »

It has a larger audience than any other news network. Try again.

Good marketing and appealing to stupid people doesn't make Fox a good source of news.

true, but then again it is a damn good purveyor of government and corporate propaganda that creates people like A18.  that's where its real worth comes in.  consider the survey done a year ago right before the election (i think it was Pew Research) which compared people who watched Fox with those who watched PBS and other networks with their knowledge of foreign affairs, especially in regard to the run-up to the Iraq War, and whether Saddam Hussein was ever connected with Al Qaeda.  those who watched Fox almost exclusively were the least well-informed. 

i'll provide you the survey as soon as i get it, just to underline my point.   

here it is in PDF format, though it comes from a different polling group:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf

the report is entitled, 'Misperceptions, the Media, and the Iraq War'. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies