have you ever protested Kerry or Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:52:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  have you ever protested Kerry or Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When they campaigned, did you ever protest either candidate?
yes Kerry

yes Bush

yes, both

nope, neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: have you ever protested Kerry or Bush?  (Read 5508 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: April 07, 2005, 11:01:00 AM »

I think most protests are inane, and the tactic has been way overused.

It would be far better to spare this tactic for only the most serious situations.

Part of my attitude probably comes from having grown up in the aftermath of the 1960s.  I came to believe that many people protest just for the sake of belonging to something, and not because they have even the slightest understanding of the issues involving their protests.

While demonstrations are sometimes beneficial, the left in particular has become overly dependent on them, to the exclusion of actually doing anything positive about the things they profess to care about.  Demonstrations about many issues are simply childish, akin to sitting in your high chair and screaming and throwing things until somebody else fixes the reason you're not happy.  The more adult approach is to find a constructive contribution to make toward fixing problems, but this is beyond the intellect and real commitment of many protestors.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 08:54:35 PM »

A Bush supporter threw my Kerry Edwards sign out a window election night. Rather than get mad I jumped out the window. It was only somethin like a ten foot drop and was at least entertaining. The thing that really pissed me off was when my bumper stickers kept getting stolen. AND I LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTY!!!!

Just a couple weeks ago, someone cut the front brake on my bike because it had a Kerry sticker.

According to ian, that's OK because you shouldn't still have the sticker on after the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies