have you ever protested Kerry or Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:54:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  have you ever protested Kerry or Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: When they campaigned, did you ever protest either candidate?
yes Kerry

yes Bush

yes, both

nope, neither

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: have you ever protested Kerry or Bush?  (Read 5509 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: April 07, 2005, 02:43:29 PM »

I don’t dislike Bush’s policies  enough to risk being arrested because I was using my right to free speech in a public area.  That happened here a couple years ago (before the election campaign)  The guy was outside a building in which Bush was speaking holding a placard and it was an area in which all and sundry were pernited, including those who were there for reasons totally unrelated to Bush being there.  However, he was told to leave by the Praetorian Guard (Secret Service) and foolishly thought he had a right to free speech in this country.  Now it would have been one thing if he had tried his protesting in an area that had been restricted to only Bush supporters, but that wasn’t the nature of the area at all.  That said, had the President been a Democrat, I’m sure the Praetorian Guard would have been just as obnoxious.  I applaud them for protecting the President’s person, but their job description should not include prtecting him from hearing discouraging words.

You're pretty rebel today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies