Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 22, 2019, 02:00:08 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  Election Archive
| | |-+  All Archived Boards
| | | |-+  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
| | | | |-+  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
| | | | | |-+  WV-R. L. Repass & Partners/Charleston Daily Mail: Tennant = done
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: WV-R. L. Repass & Partners/Charleston Daily Mail: Tennant = done  (Read 2495 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P
View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:31:09 am »

The "West Virginia Poll" for the Charleston Daily Mail:

54% Capito (R)
37% Tennant (D)
  9% Undecided

That’s up from an 11-point edge for Capito in May and a 5-point edge last August before Tennant officially entered the race.

“These numbers show very clearly that Shelley Moore Capito’s message is resonating with voters and there is a growing sense of trust and confidence in Shelley, as well as a growing sense of mistrust and lack of confidence in Tennant,” said Amy Graham, Capito campaign spokeswoman.

The Tennant campaign downplayed the numbers, pointing to the Democrats’ quarter-million voter registration advantage in the state.

“Polls don’t win elections, people do, and the people of West Virginia have elected Natalie statewide twice with more than 60 percent of the vote because they know she is an independent leader who will stand up to politics as usual and put them first,” said Jenny Donohue, spokeswoman for the Tennant campaign.

R. L. Repass & Partners conducts the West Virginia Poll for the Charleston Daily Mail. The firm polled 401 likely voters Aug. 15-23. The company compiled responses from residents in all 55 counties using opt-in Internet surveys, landline telephone calls and cellphone calls. The margin of error is 4.9 percent.

http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20140829/DM01/140829209/1276
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:09:21 am »

Joke poll but I expect PPP would find something similar, perhaps bigger. Also, congrats Keaton.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - de Gaulle

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - Mencken
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:26:16 am »

Joke poll but I expect PPP would find something similar, perhaps bigger. Also, congrats Keaton.

PPP is pretty terrible in WV actually. Check their record there, like a lot of polls in WV recently, they vastly underestimate Republican support. PPP is good in a lot of states, West Virginia is not one of them.
Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:56 am »

Right to work will come to West Virginia soon and Capito will be highly supportive of it, bank on it.

LOCK TRUMP UP!
KCDem
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:42:04 pm »

This polling company has an awful record. I await a real poll.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »

Right to work will come to West Virginia soon and Capito will be highly supportive of it, bank on it.

If the GOP wants to lose West Virginia, that's their problem.

Try this wonderful POPULIST BLOG...

http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com

Potus
Potus2036
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »

Identical margin to the Rassy poll not too long ago. Congresswoman Capito is an excellent campaigner, excellent candidate, and she will be an excellent Senator. Natalie Tennant deserves the shellacking.

Former Governor, Senator, Presidential Candidate, and Secretary of State.
Free Bird
TheHawk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:48 pm »

Because it's a poll you don't like

I feel liberal and around conservatives and conservative around liberals. Seems I can’t win.
KCDem
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 08:12:21 pm »

Because it's a poll you don't like

No, it's because this company has a terrible record. I invite you to look them up rather than needlessly picking a fight with me.
Vega
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »

I've actually never heard of these people.
Mayor Steve Pearce
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 12:48:32 am »

Yeah. Capito is a good fit. She's going to win.

Quote from: Snowguy716
Sawx, pop a molly and you will fit in anywhere.  You are supergeil.

Sawx the womanizer Tongue.
Potus
Potus2036
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »

I've actually never heard of these people.

It is the West Virginia Poll. It's the only poll that regularly polls West Virginia. The Daily Mail and the Gazette pay for it so they have something to write about.

olowakandi
olawakandi
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:13 pm »

GOP women like Capito or Ayotte or Haley will win.
Bevinevitable
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P P

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:11 am »

What has caused her collapse? It actually seemed like she was closing the gap or at the worst treading water before, now she's getting crushed? Is it really because of the Obama comments? Considering he has like a 20% approval rating in WV, I'd be shocked if that were the reason.

Potus
Potus2036
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 01:42:41 pm »

What has caused her collapse? It actually seemed like she was closing the gap or at the worst treading water before, now she's getting crushed? Is it really because of the Obama comments? Considering he has like a 20% approval rating in WV, I'd be shocked if that were the reason.

Natalie has made a very, very bizarre series of tactical decisions. She keeps trying to assert her independence from Washington and from the President, but then Governor Romney, who is beloved in West Virginia, comes to campaign for Shelley.

Romney himself pushed the race in the GOP's direction. However, the Republican gains in the race were even larger when Natalie began attacking Romney using the same attacks Obama did 2 years ago. The week before, the week of, and the week after the Romney visit were dominated by Tennant attacking Romney for being "Wall Street" and tying Capito to Romney.

It is a bizarrely stupid decision. As a general rule, don't tie your opponent to an adored public figure that won every county in your state. I think that is sort of a revelation Tennant's liberal elitism. Her team figured that most people voting for Romney weren't actually voting for Romney, but against Obama.

That just isn't true. On top of Tennant's continued ineptitude as a candidate, her stupid handling of the Romney visit, County Clerks across the state have spoken up a little at the local level. Tennant is an absolute disaster as Secretary of State. People are mentioning it now.

Tennant is just an awful candidate running an awful campaign.

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:08 pm »

The real 60 trillion dollar question is: Why would Romney be so popular in West Virginia when he's hated everywhere else (including states he actually won)?

Try this wonderful POPULIST BLOG...

http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com

Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 06:08:20 pm »

Natalie has made a very, very bizarre series of tactical decisions. She keeps trying to assert her independence from Washington and from the President, but then Governor Romney, who is beloved in West Virginia, comes to campaign for Shelley.

Romney himself pushed the race in the GOP's direction. However, the Republican gains in the race were even larger when Natalie began attacking Romney using the same attacks Obama did 2 years ago. The week before, the week of, and the week after the Romney visit were dominated by Tennant attacking Romney for being "Wall Street" and tying Capito to Romney.

It is a bizarrely stupid decision. As a general rule, don't tie your opponent to an adored public figure that won every county in your state. I think that is sort of a revelation Tennant's liberal elitism. Her team figured that most people voting for Romney weren't actually voting for Romney, but against Obama.

That just isn't true. On top of Tennant's continued ineptitude as a candidate, her stupid handling of the Romney visit, County Clerks across the state have spoken up a little at the local level. Tennant is an absolute disaster as Secretary of State. People are mentioning it now.

You're the local, but I have a hard time seeing Romney as "beloved" there so much as Obama is despised.

In America, it's easier to con somebody than to convince them they've been conned.-- Mark Twain.
Bevinevitable
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.70

P P

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »

You're the local, but I have a hard time seeing Romney as "beloved" there so much as Obama is despised.

Yeah, WV strikes me as the ultimate "voting against Obama, not for Romney" state. The socially conservative and economically populist state liking an etch a sketch businessman that likes being able to fire people and tends to downplay social issues? Seems a bit odd. I'd like to see Riley elaborate on this.

Mayor Steve Pearce
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:05 pm »

Yeah, I'd guess there aren't many social moderates like Riley in the WVGOP.

Quote from: Snowguy716
Sawx, pop a molly and you will fit in anywhere.  You are supergeil.

Sawx the womanizer Tongue.
#WalkAwayFromDesantis
Zyzz
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:27 pm »

Yea , I can't see WV being too thrilled with a flip flopping Massachusetts Mormon moderate.

KCDem
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »

Don't let the local schtick fool you. Keaton has no idea what he is talking about.
Potus
Potus2036
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 08:10:05 pm »

Look, I didn't believe it until I saw it. I figured the Mormon from Massachusetts wouldn't be very popular. But it turns out not to be true. He's very well liked in the state. The coalfields, of all places, think he's the greatest because he nearly took on Obama. That legitimately like him. At the Capito rally, the crowd chanted for him. The room boomed. I walked with a group of Capito staff alongside him as he made his way to the door. Dozens of people want him to run again.

NHLiberal
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:14 pm »

Look, I didn't believe it until I saw it. I figured the Mormon from Massachusetts wouldn't be very popular. But it turns out not to be true. He's very well liked in the state. The coalfields, of all places, think he's the greatest because he nearly took on Obama. That legitimately like him. At the Capito rally, the crowd chanted for him. The room boomed. I walked with a group of Capito staff alongside him as he made his way to the door. Dozens of people want him to run again.

...Literally. That's all. Smiley

Basically with Hillary vs. the GOP field, you're picking between spending the summer living with the shrill aunt who isn't much fun at all or the uncle whose hand always gets a little too close to your privates whenever you're around him.  No matter how much fun he claims you're going to have reforming government together just you and him, the aunt has the edge.
Invisible Obama
DrScholl
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 08:47:55 pm »

I really have a hard time believing that Romney is that well-liked. Most of the votes he got were because he was not Obama, except maybe in Utah.

And anecdotal evidence is usually not all that true.

LOCK TRUMP UP!
Potus
Potus2036
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

...Literally. That's all. Smiley

He was walking straight to the door. Talked to maybe 50 people and over half asked him to run again.

The state party has data to support it, nothing I have my hands on. They've said he's well liked before but I didn't understand until I got the anecdotal stuff

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout