What are the most socially liberal towns/counties in the South? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:56:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What are the most socially liberal towns/counties in the South? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are the most socially liberal towns/counties in the South?  (Read 28780 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: June 13, 2005, 12:41:37 AM »

I remember seeing somewhere that, had the largest county in the state not voted, SC would have gone Democratic.  I'm going to assume that the largest county is in Columbia, the conservative state capital.  My town Charleston almost went Democratic, going Bush 52-47.  We've got a socially liberal mayor, Joe Riley, too, who's had the job for decades (he led a march to get rid of the Confederate flag on the State capital).  But generally the most Democratic counties are where the most blacks are, and blacks aren't really social liberal (I think they're generally more populist, in the old sense of the term).  So SC doesn't really have any socially liberal towns or counties.  Smiley

Isn't New Orleans fairly liberal socially?
Yeah
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 03:02:00 AM »

Really?  I ought to dig up the post that said SC would have gone Kerry subtracting the largest county (I found it hard to believe, but not impossible).  Thanks for the info Ernest.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies