OH-Dispatch: Kasich 2-1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  OH-Dispatch: Kasich 2-1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-Dispatch: Kasich 2-1  (Read 2427 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 15, 2014, 11:09:49 AM »

Will this rout be compartmentalized or do you think Ohio will be a light red state going into 2016?

No more than Davis winning would make KS a D state, or Rauner/Foley winning would make IL/CT R states.

Are there any situations where midterm elections may set the course for the presidential?

I can see the prestige of the Democratic Party being damaged in a swing state in this situation. The voters may have been able to say "Fitzgerald is an idiot with a detachable penis" or it could give Republicans momentum. I give it a 50/50 chance that this affects 2016.

This race probably just does damage to the already weak Ohio Democratic Party, not the National Parties chances in Ohio.

I can imagine where state parties eventually drag down national ones campaigning in those states.

Compare the 2010 Portman/Fisher senate race to the 2012 OH presidential race results and I think you'll find your answer. Likewise the OH GOP being near utterly routed (outside the Auditor's race) in 2006 didn't prevent McCain from being at least competitive in the state two years later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies