ME-PPP/MCVAF: Michaud+1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:06:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  ME-PPP/MCVAF: Michaud+1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-PPP/MCVAF: Michaud+1  (Read 3056 times)
Kevinstat

« on: September 21, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »

Muh Democratic Party

Glad to see Michaud is complacent. Cutler has even lower numbers than before and yet it looks like LePage is turning this around. This will be close either way, and I suspect Michaud wins this anyway, but this is now a Toss-up (Tilt D), not the Lean D I originally thought it would be.

I'll have to disagree. Cutler will probably get more than 11% and that is only bad news for Michaud. Considering muh PPP is generally left leaning, I'm optimistic

Take a look at Cutler's trajectory in wiki. Cutler is trending downward. And yet LePage is continuing to hold on. Even in a two-way match-up, Michaud has been shrinking to only a 4 point lead over LePage (last PPP poll showed Michaud up 7 to LePage head-to-head, the one before that [admittedly nearly a year ago] had Michaud up 14 to LePage). This is a sign of LePage's own improvement in spite of Cutler's constant downward trend.

^ Very true and very sad, from my perspective, although I kind of get it.  As I've said before, Cutler's candidacy forced the Democrats to run someone who would avoid starting in third even if another Democrat might have a higher ceiling and been more likely finish better down the stretch (if said Democrat could actually get consideration, which might not have been likely for anyone other than Michaud, Pingree and Baldacci with Cuter in the race.  I've begun to have daydreams of things I shouldn't wish for that would allow this whole dynamic to change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies