"Arab civilization - that sounds like a good idea" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:28:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  "Arab civilization - that sounds like a good idea" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Arab civilization - that sounds like a good idea"  (Read 3030 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:42:37 PM »

Something I find kind of weird is even though Islam is fairly friendly to converts, converts between different branches of Islam are quite rare. Even in countries that have significant populations of both Shia and Sunni. Even Muslims in Western countries don't seem to. There are probably far more cases of non-Muslims converting to Islam than a Muslim converting between branches.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

Conversion between different types of Christianity is actually extremely common. Like even just amongst American political figures you can name a ton of Catholic turned Protestant and Protestant turned Catholic. Not many involving Orthodox but they aren't as common in the US.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »

So what about the many Western converts to Islam? Clearly any branch of Islam doesn't coincide with their "ethnic identity". Hell look at my Congressman for a textbook example, I think he's Sunni, but he was raised Catholic, so he clearly isn't from a "Sunni family" or "Shia family".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies