Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:34:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 304808 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: September 11, 2009, 04:57:49 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1101 on: September 11, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »

Yet there is still a D.C. incorporated into the Mideast. I suppose that this would this mean that it is a separate locale from Nyman D.C.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1102 on: September 11, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »

Yet there is still a D.C. incorporated into the Mideast. I suppose that this would this mean that it is a separate locale from Nyman D.C.

So do we treat the Mideast DC as any other state in the region?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1103 on: September 11, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »

So do we treat the Mideast DC as any other state in the region?

Yes. In fact, the Mideast had a Governor nearly a year ago who resided in D.C.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1104 on: September 11, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

Cabinet Restructuring Act 2009

Pre-amble

The Senate recognises the recent legislative changes that have taken place and the potential effects and opportunities therein.

Section 1.
a. The post of Secretary for Health and Social Affairs is therefore established to be filled in accordance with existing Senate procedure.
b. The Secretary for Health and Social Affairs shall be responsible for the following portfolios; Health, Education, Welfare and Housing and in addition any other briefs conferred upon the Secretary by the President.

Section 2.
a. The post of Secretary of the Treasury is therefore established to be filled in accordance with existing Senate procedure.
b. The Secretary of the Treasury shall be responsible for the following portfolios; Taxation, Social Security, budgetary concerns and in addition any other briefs conferred upon the Secretary by the President.
c. The Secretary of the Treasury shall, with the assistance of the Game Moderator, be required to address the Senate once each session on the state of the economy and public expenditure.

I applaud the Senator for introducing this bill. We definately need a better economic framework for the country. I have one question. Are these playable or non playable?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1105 on: September 11, 2009, 04:34:44 PM »

Nope
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=4957.0
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1106 on: September 11, 2009, 04:46:21 PM »

Nope

So I assume that would mean that D.C. being in the Mideast is actually an error (which would in turn mean that The Mikado was not legally Governor Tongue).
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1107 on: September 11, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »

Nope

So I assume that would mean that D.C. being in the Mideast is actually an error (which would in turn mean that The Mikado was not legally Governor Tongue).

It just means that our capital city is not subject to the same restrictions as US's capital.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1108 on: September 11, 2009, 04:49:45 PM »

Nope

It just means that our capital city is not subject to the same restrictions as US's capital.

Notice the particular part of the quoted clause that I just bolded.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1109 on: September 11, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

Nope

Notice the particular part of the quoted clause that I just bolded.

Then I guess Mikado wasn't legally Governor. So anything he signed is unlawed I assume?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1110 on: September 11, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »

I don't think you can do that retroactively Wink

He was a governor, and since it wasn't legally challenged at that time, I don't see what that matters now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1111 on: September 11, 2009, 08:19:26 PM »

Amendment to the OSPR regarding Parliamentary Behaviour

Article 8; Senate Behaviour is hereby added to the OSPR and subsequent sections re-numbered accordingly.

Article 8: Senate Behaviour is to read as follows:

Improper behaviour and the use of unparliamentary language by Senators is hereby forbidden in all Senate debates and votes.

Section 1: Improper Behaviour

1. Improper behavior is defined as personal attacks on other Senators, blatantly false accusations, and lewd conduct.
2. Improper behavior during legislative debate in the Senate shall result in suspension from that chamber at the PPT's request.
3. The conditions of the suspension shall be determined at the PPT's discretion.
4. Following the PPT's decision on the matter, atleast three other Senators must then sign a certification of suspension from the chamber.

Section 2: Unparliamentary language

1. The words 'liar', 'asshole', 'jerk', 'pig', 'swine', 'coward' and 'traitor' are hereby considered to be unparliamentary language and shall not be used in any Senate debates and votes.
2. Use of the aforementioned words by a Senator shall result in a reminder of parliamentary etiquette by the PPT.
3. Further breaches of the terms in this Section by a Senator shall result in consequences to be determined by the PPT at such time.
4. Additional words can be added or words can be removed from the above list at any time by any Senator.

Might I ask why this is important, and what instances have made this necessary? Clause 4 section 2 could easily lend itself to being unfairly politicized and abused. The whole idea of "Suspension" from the chamber seems ludacris and unnecessary. Seems like it would consitute the denial of a constitutency's constitutional right to representation on votes and debates, especially when it comes to regional senators. Such a thing should only occur if a Senator is expelled or the seat is declared vacant. Expulsion is too severe for the standards for punishment in this legislation in my opinion.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1112 on: September 11, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

Ditto what Yankee said.  This is too subjective to be legislated.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1113 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »

I don't really like it either, to be honest. But people should've known I'd hate it considering.. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1114 on: September 11, 2009, 09:01:24 PM »

I actually favor Senator Hashemite's bill, although I don't think "jerK" is that bad, and I think this should be included for anyone posting on the Senate floor, not just the Senators.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1115 on: September 11, 2009, 09:02:45 PM »

I don't really like it either, to be honest. But people should've known I'd hate it considering.. Tongue

Smiley lol

You becoming cautious to the point that you are no longer out spoken would be a sheer trajedy, the Senate would be very boring indeed. Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1116 on: September 11, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »

I'm open to making it less strict and work on reducing the consequences.

I thank Senator Tmthforu94 for his support.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1117 on: September 11, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »

I will never support that kind of bill, but I'll wait until it comes to the floor before we discuss more of it.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1118 on: September 12, 2009, 01:22:14 AM »

Pre-amble

The Senate recognises the recent legislative changes that have taken place and the potential effects and opportunities therein.

Section 1.
a. The post of Secretary for Health and Social Affairs is therefore established to be filled in accordance with existing Senate procedure.
b. The Secretary for Health and Social Affairs shall be responsible for the following portfolios; Health, Education, Welfare and Housing and in addition any other briefs conferred upon the Secretary by the President.

Section 2.
a. The post of Secretary of the Treasury is therefore established to be filled in accordance with existing Senate procedure.
b. The Secretary of the Treasury shall be responsible for the following portfolios; Taxation, Social Security, budgetary concerns and in addition any other briefs conferred upon the Secretary by the President.
c. The Secretary of the Treasury shall, with the assistance of the Game Moderator, be required to address the Senate once each session on the state of the economy and public expenditure.

I applaud the Senator for introducing this bill. We definately need a better economic framework for the country. I have one question. Are these playable or non playable?

Oh very playable Cheesy I don't see why not given the support that the GM can now provide to government officials.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1119 on: September 12, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »

Just ban insults on the Senate floor, I think. Also, banning "pig" might have unintended consequences with agricultural legislation (not that we have much of that).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1120 on: September 12, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »

Pre-amble

Section 1.

Section 2.

Oh very playable Cheesy I don't see why not given the support that the GM can now provide to government officials.

I was just wondering since the current GM doesn't like creating new offices. I was thinking of creating a Fed chairman that was playable. We could allow dual officeholding just for that office and give it to Sam Spade, that would be cool. I know he is busy now a days but all we would have to do is come on every month and pretend to be Alan Greenspan for 30 minutes. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1121 on: September 12, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »

Just ban insults on the Senate floor, I think. Also, banning "pig" might have unintended consequences with agricultural legislation (not that we have much of that).

Replace all instances of the word "pig" in legislation with "porcine animal". Grin
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2009, 08:02:37 PM »

Pre-amble

Section 1.

Section 2.

I was just wondering since the current GM doesn't like creating new offices. I was thinking of creating a Fed chairman that was playable. We could allow dual officeholding just for that office and give it to Sam Spade, that would be cool. I know he is busy now a days but all we would have to do is come on every month and pretend to be Alan Greenspan for 30 minutes. Wink

My distaste for creating new offices is more about practical reasons than ideological ones. It simply reduces competition and turns this game into a government sim, rather than an election one. Are the current Cabinet officials that busy? I believe Treasury is already in the job description of the SoFA.

Just my thoughts in a non-GM, pro-game reform capacity. As GM, I would say that the possibility of having people to respond to my releases is always exciting, although it would be just as exciting if individuals already in government would respond substantively as well (not all, but a good chunk of ya'll could use your bully pulpits a little more. The markets and the world would appreciate it.)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #1123 on: September 12, 2009, 08:10:13 PM »

Can someone explain the constitutionality of the motorcycle bill to me please.  How is the naitonal government given the right to legislate traffic policy?  Should'nt this be a regional rights issue?  And why isn't the "Regional Rights" Party againest it?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1124 on: September 12, 2009, 08:13:40 PM »

Can someone explain the constitutionality of the motorcycle bill to me please.  How is the naitonal government given the right to legislate traffic policy?  Should'nt this be a regional rights issue?  And why isn't the "Regional Rights" Party againest it?

So sue. I'm already in one lawsuit.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies