Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:05:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 304750 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: December 22, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »

I am amazed and horrified at how oblivious Xahar is right now. He accessed Bens account. I don't care if he didn't post with it. He used it to gain access to information not intended to be for him. Not everything on this forum is for him to know.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #801 on: December 22, 2008, 10:47:44 PM »

Meh.  Arrogance runs in the conflict all over.  Obviously viewing personal PM's (if he did so) is wrong.  If you stole my identity and used it to monitor my personal life, that'd probably be more immoral than using my identity to buy a book off of Amazon.  Although it's an interesting debate to think about whether substantive theft or personal invasion is "worse."

Anyway, has Xahar chosen a public defense attorney yet?  Obviously Peter can't represent both Xahar and Ben.  Is it Jas?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #802 on: December 23, 2008, 07:51:44 AM »

Anyway, has Xahar chosen a public defense attorney yet?  Obviously Peter can't represent both Xahar and Ben.  Is it Jas?

I have not been approached for the job; nor have I made an approach or expressed any interest for the role. I remain a Senator for some time yet and I have bills on the floor I'm still eager to progress.

And, ftr, if he wanted it, I see no reason why Peter couldn't do the job.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »

I have not been approached for the job; nor have I made an approach or expressed any interest for the role. I remain a Senator for some time yet and I have bills on the floor I'm still eager to progress.

And, ftr, if he wanted it, I see no reason why Peter couldn't do the job.

Really?  Both?   Maybe.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #804 on: December 24, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

I wholeheartedly support the Special Prosecutor Bill
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #805 on: December 24, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »

I wholeheartedly support the Special Prosecutor Bill
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #806 on: December 28, 2008, 10:17:39 PM »

A reminder to senators: if you don't appoint a new AG by 11:59, December 31st, the current case fails.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #807 on: December 28, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »

Ugh, we need to get on with this motion.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #808 on: December 29, 2008, 05:17:49 AM »

Well, you guys have less than 70 hours to pass this.

I view this as a test of effectiveness.  Maybe others view this as a test of holiday spirit Smiley  I dunno what you have to do, but it's best y'all organize posthaste

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #809 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:34 AM »

Indeed. If Franzl doesn't get confirmed in time, it will be the Senate's fault.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2008, 06:03:24 AM »

After careful examination of the Constitution and OSPR, I do seem to have found a "nuclear option" if necessary. Hopefully Lewis will be along in the next few hours and everything will be fine and dandy by tomorrow evening though.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2008, 10:46:06 AM »

A reminder to senators: if you don't appoint a new AG by 11:59, December 31st, the current case fails.

Incorrect, per the judgment of Spade J on 22 December:
"Therefore, that is my first finding - the government has until January 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM to appoint/confirm/swear in a new Attorney General.  If this has not happened at that point or if it happens even one second after - the charges against benconstine will be dismissed."

Therefore we have 24 hours more than you have supposed.

Indeed. If Franzl doesn't get confirmed in time, it will be the Senate's fault.

Further, I'd suggest that if an AG is not in place it will certainly not be entirely the Senate's fault. It should be remembered that it took the President 4 days before a nomination was made. 4 days during which it is unclear just whether the President showed any activity towards finding a nominee, besides monitoring public opinion.

After careful examination of the Constitution and OSPR, I do seem to have found a "nuclear option" if necessary. Hopefully Lewis will be along in the next few hours and everything will be fine and dandy by tomorrow evening though.

I'd suggest you do have such authority...see here.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »

The problem was that Franzl was out of town and wasn't responding to PMs, not that the big P was monitoring public opinion.

I'm off by 24 hours Sad

Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2008, 12:30:29 PM »

The problem was that Franzl was out of town and wasn't responding to PMs, not that the big P was monitoring public opinion.

It's entirely possible that the President has been active and concealing it well. You're obviously better informed as to the machinations of the 'big P' than I. Wink

From this vantage though, the Franzl nomination seemed to be one were you led and the President followed.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2008, 12:32:18 PM »

From this vantage though, the Franzl nomination seemed to be one were you led and the President followed.

I disagree, no other nominees presented themselves.  Stop trying to put down the big P
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

I disagree, no other nominees presented themselves.  Stop trying to put down the big P

It was a fairly unprecedented process. I'm not aware of it ever arising before that persons were expected to present themselves in public threads when seeking a cabinet position. Traditionally the President would privately seek out suitable candidates.

Now I'm not necessarily against a more public process, but it was clearly led by you and not the President and there hasn't been anything to date to suggest anything pro-active on the President's part.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »

Resolution on the Ongoing Israel-Palestine Conflict

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns Hamas for failing to end the irresponsible and unwarranted rocket attacks on Israel.

2. The Republic of Atlasia recognises Israel's right to defend itself, however condemns the recent military actions of the Israeli Government against Palestinians as disproportionate and as failing to take all necessary measures to prevent civilian casualties and fatalities.

3. The Republic of Atlasia calls for an immediate ceasefire and asks both sides to allow unrestricted access for humanitarian agencies to assist the victims of these attacks.

I like it, except for section 2.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »

1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns Hamas for failing to end the irresponsible and unwarranted rocket attacks on Israel.

2. The Republic of Atlasia recognises Israel's right to defend itself, however condemns the recent military actions of the Israeli Government against Palestinians as disproportionate and as failing to take all necessary measures to prevent civilian casualties and fatalities.

3. The Republic of Atlasia calls for an immediate ceasefire and asks both sides to allow unrestricted access for humanitarian agencies to assist the victims of these attacks.

I intend to vote against this.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »

I like it, except for section 2.

Shocking
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »

I like it except for Section 2 Tongue

No but seriously I really don't want to pass something that looks nice on paper just for the hell of it, if we want some real answers let's make some real penalties.  (Free Palestine Bill, cough, cough)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »

I like it except for Section 2 Tongue

No but seriously I really don't want to pass something that looks nice on paper just for the hell of it, if we want some real answers let's make some real penalties.  (Free Palestine Bill, cough, cough)

I agree, though that's not what Senate resolutions are for, generally speaking.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #821 on: December 30, 2008, 12:36:16 AM »

Thankfully that will never pass.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #822 on: December 30, 2008, 02:11:39 AM »

Gold Standard Act

1. The value of currency in circulation shall be directly based on the value of the gold held by the Federal Reserve.

a. Any currency printed after the passage of this act shall not become legal tender until the Federal Reserve shall have procured an equivalent amount of additional gold.

2. Any citizen of Atlasia may trade official currency to the federal reserve of the Republic of Atlasia for gold, and vice versa.

3. Gold shall have equal legal standing to official currency of the Republic of Atlasia.

Great bill. Hopefully we can get this passed. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #823 on: December 30, 2008, 04:56:30 AM »

Lol. It doesn't even mention how much gold a dollar is.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #824 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »

There, I fixed it.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length