Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:42:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 304045 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: February 06, 2012, 04:53:08 PM »

I do not think that Atlasia should go much longer without having a Secretary of Federal Elections. You may wish to find a new SoFE or shuffle some positions around, but if you are so inclined, I would be quite willing to serve in both capacities with one title should the RG and SoFE roles be combined due to constitutional amendment.

This is something that I'm certainly supportive of.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1726 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »

Funny how many of my June ideas have came about despite the attacks I had to endure.

Elect Napoleon, for a true visionary Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1727 on: February 06, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »

There are a few bills that have passed but have not been signed, and the thread title statuses have not been updated. They probably need to be put in the WH thread or else a PM to the Prez.  Also, the wiki could use some updating - whoever's job it is to do that since we don't have an AG.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1728 on: February 06, 2012, 10:46:45 PM »

There are a few bills that have passed but have not been signed, and the thread title statuses have not been updated. They probably need to be put in the WH thread or else a PM to the Prez.  Also, the wiki could use some updating - whoever's job it is to do that since we don't have an AG.

It's the VP's job I believe.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1729 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:10 AM »

I do not think that Atlasia should go much longer without having a Secretary of Federal Elections. You may wish to find a new SoFE or shuffle some positions around, but if you are so inclined, I would be quite willing to serve in both capacities with one title should the RG and SoFE roles be combined due to constitutional amendment.

Is no one else willing to correct this problem? I can draft a constitutional amendment if so.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1730 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »

Is no one else willing to correct this problem? I can draft a constitutional amendment if so.

I discussed this as something I wanted to target if elected as president, a constitutional amendment won't be settled in time for this election, but I think we'd all be interested in a draft amendment.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1731 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »

I already wrote one a while ago: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Sixth_Amendment_to_the_Third_Constitution
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:56 AM »

I already wrote one a while ago: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Sixth_Amendment_to_the_Third_Constitution

sounds good to me
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1733 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

There's a problem in the Trim the Fat Act that was also in the Health Spending Adjustment Act.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is absolutely no way to reduce the costs of Atlasian National Healthcare without changing the way the program works. Either the Atlasian government is responsible for the full cost of it or it isn't.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1734 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

There's a problem in the Trim the Fat Act that was also in the Health Spending Adjustment Act.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is absolutely no way to reduce the costs of Atlasian National Healthcare without changing the way the program works. Either the Atlasian government is responsible for the full cost of it or it isn't.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...I'm thinking about writing a bill to repeal the healthcare law.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1735 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »

I still fail to understand how we're falling so short of paying for it. With our tax rates and our simplified welfare structure there should be few problems with dealing with our healthcare spending.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...I'm thinking about writing a bill to repeal the healthcare law.

That's quite a leap. Hell, even Napoleon's bill on health care is gross. Our current system should have no problems, and this arbitrary right-wing tilt some of the Senate have on these issues should concern anybody paying attention..
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1736 on: February 14, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »

It has no problems...other than the fact that it makes up for a majority of our budget and without the gigantic system, we wouldn't have a deficit...
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1737 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »

I still fail to understand how we're falling so short of paying for it. With our tax rates and our simplified welfare structure there should be few problems with dealing with our healthcare spending.

If you don't think the cost of the program is a problem, why did you write a bill reducing doctors' reimbursement for providing mandated care?   

I think some people don't like the idea of having such a huge payroll tax.   And considering the ANHA provides free of charge more coverage than any private insurance plan in existence, I think we can expect that people will continue to move into the program, thus increasing costs.

What do you mean by "simplified welfare structure"?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1738 on: February 14, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »

It has no problems...other than the fact that it makes up for a majority of our budget and without the gigantic system, we wouldn't have a deficit...

That's a very simplistic position to take on something so complex my friend.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1739 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »

That's a very simplistic position to take on something so complex my friend.

I prefer to view it as an nutshell summary Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1740 on: February 15, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »

If you don't think the cost of the program is a problem, why did you write a bill reducing doctors' reimbursement for providing mandated care?   

I think some people don't like the idea of having such a huge payroll tax.   And considering the ANHA provides free of charge more coverage than any private insurance plan in existence, I think we can expect that people will continue to move into the program, thus increasing costs.

What do you mean by "simplified welfare structure"?

I think we can reduce costs with the program, but I just take issue with your overall revenue numbers. The idea that we're making only a small amount more in income tax revenue than the actual United States, despite taxing more people and having them be significantly higher and more progressive, seems especially insane to me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1741 on: February 15, 2012, 01:37:47 AM »

I think we can reduce costs with the program, but I just take issue with your overall revenue numbers. The idea that we're making only a small amount more in income tax revenue than the actual United States, despite taxing more people and having them be significantly higher and more progressive, seems especially insane to me.
Try as I might, I don't see any way those tax rates come up with more than about 200 Billion over RL. I applied the change in rates as best I could to tax revenue data, and tended to err on the side of higher revenue.
We raise taxes on what amounts to about half the US tax base, by a good deal less than half for most of those taxpayers. These are marginal rates, so even the richest aren't paying that full 60%.  Some people may have expected half a trillion from it, but I haven't a clue why. It's not as though we have that much more income equality than the US.
Note I was quite generous in those corporate income tax figures. Sometimes individual and corporate income tax figures are combined when income tax revenues are cited, so I don't know if that's throwing you off.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1742 on: February 15, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »

Even "taxing the rich" has its limits. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1743 on: February 16, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »

Blah blah blah. We should be raking in significantly more in income tax revenue than we do. If we have a blue avatar GM running wild with his own philosophy on how he wants things work, as opposed to how things actually work, then whatever. I suppose we're burdened by him being Game God either way.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: February 16, 2012, 02:26:04 AM »

Blah blah blah. We should be raking in significantly more in income tax revenue than we do. If we have a blue avatar GM running wild with his own philosophy on how he wants things work, as opposed to how things actually work, then whatever. I suppose we're burdened by him being Game God either way.
Oh man, imagine what you'd be saying if I'd actually assumed the existence of Laffer curve effects! Maybe I should have assumed the existence of a million trillionaire overlords to tax for whatever castles in the clouds we dream up, instead of using silly things like math and IRS data tables.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1745 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:55 AM »

Shua is a great GM, how come all I see from you is posts bitching about this or whining about? You really have nothing positive to say and it is such a turn off.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1746 on: February 16, 2012, 04:16:05 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2012, 04:22:02 AM by Mad Marokai, PPT »

Shua is a great GM, how come all I see from you is posts bitching about this or whining about? You really have nothing positive to say and it is such a turn off.

Please take your demagoguery elsewhere. It is beyond transparent at this point.

Shua has been "okay" at best. He hasn't been as active as I was, or even as Badger was. He's only praised because of no one elses willingness to do the job at all. I also dislike his tendency to completely disregard all previous GM stats right back to Purple State.

If all of your criticism of me didn't exude willful dishonesty, I might take it seriously. In the meantime, I will continue freely speaking my mind on these issues, even if you enjoy jumping on every other word I say and winding up your faux-outrage.

If you're going to pop in here to pretend to be nice, though, then at least pop into the three ongoing votes I started hours ago. It's the least you could do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1747 on: February 16, 2012, 04:33:06 AM »

Please take your demagoguery elsewhere. It is beyond transparent at this point.

Shua has been "okay" at best. He hasn't been as active as I was, or even as Badger was. He's only praised because of no one elses willingness to do the job at all. I also dislike his tendency to completely disregard all previous GM stats right back to Purple State.

If all of your criticism of me didn't exude willful dishonesty, I might take it seriously. In the meantime, I will continue freely speaking my mind on these issues, even if you enjoy jumping on every other word I say and winding up your faux-outrage.

If you're going to pop in here to pretend to be nice, though, then at least pop into the three ongoing votes I started hours ago. It's the least you could do.
I really wish you wouldn't be so cryptic about these things. I wasn't around when Purple Sate was GM so I haven't a clue what you're talking about.  The unemployment numbers at least are completely continuous with your numbers. My office has always been open. It's hard for me to improve if I'm not getting any feedback. And it's discouraging when the Senate outright ignores my analysis nearly unanimously without explanation.

I never claimed I was as good a GM as you or Badger, and I believe I said as much when Snowguy recruited me. But I did a revenue analysis, so people know where the revenue is coming from, which no one ever bothered to do before. I admit that took up a lot of my focus as GM, but I think it was worth it. But Hell, if you think I'm not doing a good job, call for a vote for my removal. I'd welcome the trial.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1748 on: February 16, 2012, 04:51:53 AM »

In fact, what you just said here is a checkable thing. So let's check how "great" Shua has been in this job by way of his activity and number of updates.

Shua has been on the job for three months, and his GM update thread started on November 14th, 2011. He's been in charge of a GM update thread for 94 days. In that time, he has made 12 GM updates, and one budget update. (The latter is supposed to be done monthly.)

During Badger's first 94 days as GM, he made roughly 30 dedicated GM updates, and the GM thread was several times larger than Shua's, and Badger took interest in more individual concerns people had than Shua.

During Purple State's first 94 days as GM, he made 152 separate GM posts, and the GM thread was several times larger than Shuas, and Purple State took more interest than even I did in individual legislative discussions.

During my mere 70 days of updates as GM, I made 45 dedicated GM posts (not taking into account my habit for combining stories instead of separating them all), and I posted 2 budgetary updates in less time as GM than Shua's posting of one.

By what metric, then, are you determining Shua's status as a "great GM" aside from the fact that I dislike him? Since you seem to assured of it, I'm positive there must be a great explanation.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1749 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »

This is what's wrong with this game. Maybe shua doesn't have the time that you or Badger or Purple State had. That's okay. I think shua's a great GM and he's a great person. We're becoming so much like the United States in the sense that we just go off on these ideologically-fueled rants with bias hid behind rhetoric. It's ridiculous. We vote for people based on ideology, we say we disapprove of them and then don't tell them why when they ask, we exile them from politics and then we rinse and repeat. I just can't comprehend this. At all.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies