Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305068 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 10, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »
« edited: April 10, 2005, 10:36:23 PM by Senator MAS117 »

Senate Introduction Act

Clause #1
Those who are members of Senate, must wait 72 hours (three days) before proposing legislation. Therefore, if a senator proposes legislation on a Monday, that Senator must wait 72 hours, until Friday.

Clause #2
All Senators, including the President-Pro Tempore must obey this rule.

Clause #3
Any senator who goes against this law, will not be allowed to propose legislation for 120 hours, or five days.

Clause #4
If this bill passes, and is signed by the President, the law should be put into affect by June the first, 2005.

wow, i dont understand at all. since when can we jsut delete bills introduced also?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

How much more legislation are we going to be bothering with considering that we have just over 10 days left in the legislative session, and we have a number of vacancies (or effective vacancies): Nym90, Naso, NixonNow.

I plan to get through as much as we can; I don't see why having only 10 days left is a reason to simply halt everything.  Obviously we're not going to get through everything, but we might as well see what we can do.

I agree.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:21:11 PM »

Which is why you're currently stalling legislation and wasting space.

I like to say filibustering Jake.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:17:35 PM »

Which is why you're currently stalling legislation and wasting space.

I like to say filibustering Jake.

If you're going to filibuster, please be a little more creative, MAS, that's all I ask.

give me some stuff then sammy:)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 12:32:35 PM »

Why the hell is Cosmo Kramer trying to expand fantasy government and add positions which are CLEARLY not needed? I hope all Senators vote in the negative on this rather dumb bill. We have talked about this at least twice before, each time deciding against it.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:55:57 PM »

Why the hell is the Senate moving so damn slow?
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »

I hope the Senator does not table it.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 05:44:21 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.

To tell the truth I don't care, but heres an idea that MasterJedi might like, lets make it a state in Atlasia!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.

To tell the truth I don't care, but heres an idea that MasterJedi might like, lets make it a state in Atlasia!

Haw haw there MAS. You've gone really far downhill since your the last few weeks in your Senate term.

For wanting to make every single island a state? Ahhh, cmon young Jedi.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:49:22 PM »

I urge all Senators to vote down Al's Sealand war bill!!!!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 05:30:14 PM »

MAS, is there any reason why you are attempting to (badly) rewrite the Official Senate Procedural Resolution and remove the Legislation Introduction Thread and various safeguards and procedures written into the Resolution?

Also, why are you introducing this as a Act, when it is clearly a Senate resolution?

A couple of things you have added here might be nice to add to the Senate rules (such as decorum, unanimous consent and tabling motions), but the other essentially tries to rewrite what has already been written (and not any better, I might add).

I can't help it that the PPT or the VP chooses not to read the document.  That's their problem, not mine.

I'm not trying to get rid of the that thread, bills should be introduced in that thread. Like I said, I am very open to all amendments to the bill. I'll edit it to read resolution. I think the rules of decorum, etc. would be good for this legislative body.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 12:25:36 AM »

I commend the President and all the Senators who voted against MasterImperalists bill.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 04:12:40 PM »

Not this crap again with the islands becoming states. VOTE THIS DOWN!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 12:40:42 AM »

Not this crap again with the islands becoming states. VOTE THIS DOWN!

Nobody really cares what you think MAS. This is a lot more reasonable then recognizing Sealand as a country. Now that was absolute crap. Roll Eyes
Haha, LONG LIVE SEALAND! I introduced that as a joke I I never even asked it to be really it to be really considered. This crap on the other hand is getting really considered. The Northern Mariana Islands shouldnt be a state!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

The Northeast region has been a vocal and strong advocate for Stem Cell Research. This legislation was passed back in 2005:

Northeastern Stem Cell Act of 2005

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the Northeastern Region of the Republic of Atlasia,

§ I. Notwithstanding any other provision of law (including any regulation or guidance), the Governor shall conduct and support research that utilizes human embryonic stem cells in accordance with this section (regardless of the date on which the stem cells were derived from a human embryo).

§ II. Ethical Requirements- Human embryonic stem cells shall be eligible for use in any research conducted or supported by the Governor if the cells meet each of the following:

(a) The stem cells were derived from human embryos that have been donated from in vitro fertilization clinics, were created for the purposes of fertility treatment, and were in excess of the clinical need of the individuals seeking such treatment.

(b) Prior to the consideration of embryo donation and through consultation with the individuals seeking fertility treatment, it was determined that the embryos would never be implanted in a woman and would otherwise be discarded.

(c) The individuals seeking fertility treatment donated the embryos with written informed consent and without receiving any financial or other inducements to make the donation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies