Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305950 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: January 01, 2009, 11:06:19 PM »

They'd still post here though, unless Gustaf and MasterJedi agree to delete all their posts here (which I seriously doubt they'd be willing to do).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »

Something is better than nothing, yes, but the problem with trolls in Atlasia isn't so much that they're swinging elections with their votes or screwing up the system by creating new parties. It's just that they're annoying and won't go away. I don't think that this bill would change that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »

I introduced Peter's bills.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:09:15 PM »

Could you be more specific?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »

I'm incredibly opposed to that amendment. First, I don't think we should be amending our constitution to ban people from the game. Second, Xahar was already found guilty of a crime and sentenced to a punishment. Passing this amendment to punish him further for no additional proven crimes would go against the republican and liberal ideals of our constitution, is cruel and unusual punishment, and is something very close to double jeopardy (it probably has a real name, but I'm not a lawyer).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 10:04:15 PM »

Would treason extend to intent to sabotage an aspect of Atlasia? I think subversive tactics to attack an Atlasian party (RPP) or to induce fear upon individual members (Marokai) should be considered treason against Atlasia as a whole, no matter where the evidence is found (unless of course evidence can only be used from within the Atlas forum).

No. Those things are not treason; that's ridiculous. I mean, I know people are out to get Xahar, but please let's not make a mockery of 1) the Atlasian legal system or 2) the Atlasian constitution to do it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »

Putting the time down to 1-2 weeks is good, I think.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »

The difference between Marokai's proposed law and FL 20-6 (what Afleitch linked) is that FL 20-6 amended laws that only applied to the District of Columbia and federal territories. The way Marokai's bill was written, it seems like it would apply to the entire country.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »

Does Atlasia have a federal abortion policy?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »

How about the Senate move to create a national bank, and let the banks that are failing fail. Enough corporate welfare.

I support this plan (or some variation thereof).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies