Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:15:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306154 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: April 17, 2007, 04:48:55 AM »

Attn Senators, Don't post comments in the Legislation Introduction Thread.

I'm removing the Cabinet Member Election Bill for being unconstitutional.

I'm just not good with that stuff, is there a way this idea can be implemented constitutionally?
Yes, by introducing it as a Constitutional Amendment.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:10:08 AM »

These bills should be moved along quicker.  For example, Opebo Day, something we are almost all against has clogged us up for 12 days.
If it wasn't for the silly tabling motion, it would have been defeated by now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 03:38:41 AM »

The Half Plus Seven Rule Bill is indeed an infriction on the rights of consenting adults, and should be stricken from the board.
No, it should be voted down speedily.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:09:13 PM »

The sitting Secretary of Forum Affairs declines to endorse or oppose the bill introduced by Senator Trondheim requiring special elections for all Class B vacancies.

He will, however, note that the status quo is simpler.  Smiley

Let me clarify—I meant the status quo as in the original text of the PRA, assuming all was constitutional.  I still strongly support fixing the currently unconstitutional Sections 18 and 19 of the PRA.
Thought so, since the statement doesn't make any sense otherwise. Cheesy
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »

It shouldn't be required. Encouraged, yes, but not required.
It certainly should be required of anyone who applies for a license to breathe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:10:25 AM »

That's not a bill we can pass since the Atlasian Senate doesn't have the power to change the UN just because we want to. So I'd ask DWTL to withdraw it.
Hold on, I'll read it first.  I have no idea if it is good or not, I just promised to introduce bills for people and did a copy/paste Tongue
It would have helped if MasterJedi had read it to the end, too. Else he would have noticed that it doesn't *exactly* do what he claims it does. (I'm still not supporting it in its current form.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »

Cannabis is legal in Atlasia IIRC.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 07:19:24 AM »

Amendment to Abolish the Southeast

1. The citizens of the Southeast region have consistently proven they are not capable of governing themselves
2. For the citizens' own protection, the Southeast regional government shall be abolished and the duties of governing the region shall be ceded to the various other regional governments
3. The cessions will go as follows:
  • The states of Texas and Louisiana will be hereafter governed by the Pacific regional government
  • The states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama will be hereafter governed by the Midwest regional government
  • The states of Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be hereafter governed by the Mideast regional government
  • The states of Georgia and Florida will be hereafter governed by the Northeast regional government

I'm about 5% serious

You forgot Puerto Rico. Bad.

Another concern is a non-contiguous Northeast. I would say give Georgia, Florida, & Puerto Rico to the Mideast, who in turn would give D.C. & Maryland to the Northeast, along with Missouri to the Midwest. Or a plan along those lines.

For the congruity, you could give a coastal territory of 1/12 foot from the South Carolina to Maryland and the Outer Banks.
For the purposes of redistricting, back when we bothered with that tiresome good-for-nothing process, Puerto Rico was considered adjacent to Florida and Maine, so by that standard the NE is contiguous.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

Somebody propose this:

Actual Amendment to the National Energy Act

Clauses 2, 3, 4, 8, and 9 of the National Energy Act (F.L. 3-3) are hereby repealed.

That legislation is a nightmare. TexasGurl was very right.
I see the problems with Clause 2, and have no idea about the point of Clause 3, but what`s wrong with the others?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 03:29:53 AM »

SUVs are nothing like sedans in terms of fuel consumption.
Well, that's the point.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 03:57:50 AM »

Manufacturers pay a fine for selling cars that do not comply to CAFE standards. Holding SUVs up to the same standard as other cars (which, more or less as a rule, they're used as) increases their price. It should be pointed out that something similar though less sweeping was enacted by the US Congress in 2007 - reclassifying some smaller SUVs as ordinary passenger cars.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »

I'll introduce these.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Amended Mass Transit Infrastructure Investment Act of 2008

Whereas the revenue expected from the FY 2009 component ($5 per metric tonne of a total $10 per metric tonne tax) of the domestic Carbon Tax is expected to be an estimated $30 billion, and;

Whereas the Atlasian Senate finds that this environmental-based impact fee is best spent through investment in new mass transit options and research into alternative energy,

Therefore be it resolved that:

1. Funding Allocation. Atlasia shall dedicate 50% of the FY2009 carbon tax component ($2.5 per metric tonne or $15 billion in total), as a one time grant towards the new construction, upgrade, and maintenance of mass transit options.

2. Funding Distribution. Said funds shall be apportioned across the regions according to logistics, population, need, cost effectiveness, and potential to reduce carbon emissions.  Funds shall be distributed in accordance with recommendations from the Department of Transportation.

The latter Act was already introduced by Dwtl. (Wrong thread, too, but I'll be nice and count it.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 03:45:52 PM »

I beg the PPT to strike down this frivolity.
I intend to let it go to the floor and offer an amendment that turns it into an amendment to the species act (or whatever the current version is called), actually - I want Dollar Bill on the dollar bill.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 03:18:59 PM »

Hey! When I invented that name I was referring to Keystone Phil! Angry

What happened with the filing deadline? Sorry I was offline for three days. The filing deadline is supposed to be a week before elections begin. The absentee booth is supposed to open as soon as practicable after the filing deadline but has often been ignored in the past.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 04:56:30 AM »

Lol. It doesn't even mention how much gold a dollar is.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 05:13:27 AM »

I'm for the Uranium standard meself. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies